Travel Insurance

judge148

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using holidaysafe.co.uk

They do an annual multi trip "Activity travel insurance" with worldwide cover for motorcycle use. It's £36 for premier cover and £31 for standard. Each trip can be up to 31 days duration which is enough for our Morocco trip.

It would cost around £26 for single trip cover for the Morocco trip so for me it's an no brainer to go for the annual cover, as normal holidays will also be covered.

Obviously this does not include breakdown cover but you should have that with your bike insurance.

They do an annual multi trip "Activity travel insurance" with worldwide cover for motorcycle use. It's £36 for premier cover and £31 for standard. Each trip can be up to 31 days duration which is enough for our Morocco trip.

It would cost around £26 for single trip cover for the Morocco trip so for me it's an no brainer to go for the annual cover, as normal holidays will also be covered.

Obviously this does not include breakdown cover but you should have that with your bike insurance.

What is the excess if any. I just checked mine with insure and go and doesn't look I'm covered. Says need to pay premium with 400 excess?!!

Different excess depending on the type of claim but around £60 on average sometimes none. Give them a call and they will email you the reference number and the full policy details. You can then decide at your leisure :)

travel ins

check out AXA online, paul has rang and confirmed that 1-cover includes moroc,2-you can ride/drive any vehical that you can in UK,3- it covers unmetaled roads as long as they are on map or track to village etc, alot of the travel sites all seem to be underwritten by AXA and yearly cover is 27 quid!!!:thumb

What is the excess if any. I just checked mine with insure and go and doesn't look I'm covered. Says need to pay premium with 400 excess?!!

Insure & Go:eek: Rip off merchants, they are now quoting £1.50 per day as the motorcycle add on premium, that's on TOP of your initial insurance cover:censor:

Just realised that I'm covered through my bank as the policy is underwritten by AXA

Bonus :)

check out AXA online, paul has rang and confirmed that 1-cover includes moroc,2-you can ride/drive any vehical that you can in UK,3- it covers unmetaled roads as long as they are on map or track to village etc, alot of the travel sites all seem to be underwritten by AXA and yearly cover is 27 quid!!!:thumb

So let me get this staraight Baz, paul has spoken to someone who has confirmed a normal policy would cover anyone who takes out their normal policy for smashing themseles into the back of a sheep truck on a back road in Marroc which would include all medical expenses and repatriation to the UK?

If the answer is yes, did he get a name and address of the confimer to use in any disputed claim?

Has anyone else tried this one. im trying to get an annual activity quote but it will not give me the option to select a location or motorcycling as an activity.

Has anyone else tried this one. im trying to get an annual activity quote but it will not give me the option to select a location or motorcycling as an activity.

Best thing to do is give them a call. They were very helpful when I spoke to them.

Ref Insurance

I dont think any policy will cover you for running into the back of a sheep truck :)

Ref the policy i took , it covers you for motorcycling and for personal injury, not personal liability, it covers medical and repatriation if necessary and all medical expenses and repatriation ,this is handled by axa medical assistance on 448452235568,covered also is emergency medical,surgical,hospital and ambulance,nursing fees incurred outside of the uk.This is all stated in the policy booklet May 2009 edition which is the latest, i also checked via tel con.
But hey it's up to you guys buy what policy and cover you want, need ,afford, and watch out for them sheep :)

smashing themseles into the back of a sheep truck on a back road in Marroc

It's Morocco Siadwell, not Wales, it's likely to be a camel truck, and smashing yourself into the back of one is probably not a bright idea, unless you have the all inclusive policy from Alpacamel, offering the insurance you require under clause 101.4a which covers falling asleep whilst riding on rough terrain in Morocco :hide

Last edited:
It's Morocco Siadwell, not Wales, it's likely to be a camel truck, and smashing yourself into the back of one is probably not a bright idea, unless you have the all inclusive policy from Alpacamel, offering the insurance you require under clause 101.4a which covers falling asleep whilst riding on rough terrain in Morocco :hide

What happened to uncle bully? and what the hell is impi? :nenau:nenau and how did you change it???

Uncle Bully outlived his usefullness, Impi has homeland ties, and is more appropriate. I asked Paul to change it for me.

anyway... i have rung carol nash and the company my insurance is with is equity red star who dont insure for morocco.

is anyone else in this position and have to get insurance when we get there or am i the only one:blast

i have the green card for spain and france.

Chill Winston... Get insurance at the port, same as me, My trader policy is through ERS as well.. Thought we'd talked about that :nenau

90% of UK is the same, so everyone's probably going to be in the same boat mate.

You wouldn't, you'd just have to catch up :) and wtf is "butty"? Have i turned into a sandwich, or are you just delusional?

I have carole nash insurance and they gave me a green card for morocco, i think the policy is with groupama, ta steve.

Back
Top Bottom