Spout's Trail Ride

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On behalf of the others (whom i'm sure will agree), I would like to thank Paul for leading a cracking day's ride

We were - Mr PDiddy, Dryskier and his mate on a DRZ400, Ferret, myself and Paul

We had a brill day and it was without any problems, which is always a bonus

The pace was 'progressive', but well balanced and Spout picked some corkers to ride

We rode the first lanes above Via Gellia (or thereabouts) and over to Winster before venturing to Darley Dale and up onto the moors above

We popped out at Chatsworth - nice views and did another @ Edensor and Pilsley and on the Bakewell > Baslow road @ 13 bends, we had to carry out some minor adjustment to the controls of Dryskier's WR250R as he had fallen off a few times and everything was 'all to cock'

After that, it was off towards Wardlow Mires and then to do a circuitous route in and around the 'plague' village of Eyam .................where we also had lunch in a very quaint tea room, feeding someone else's Spaniel who was 'orphaned' outside

Then..................for me it was one of trickiest lanes in the wet - Bamford Clough - not the easiest to go down, as most of the others will testify

After Bamford, we filled up at Hope Valley Service Station and headed out of the Hope Valley, towards Chapel and did a few lanes, before the infamous descent of Royche Clough, which the 2 novices, Dryskier and his mate thought was a true 'white knuckle' ride

Here's few pics at the bottom of Royche Clough

RoycheClough1.jpg

The way out

RoycheClough2.jpg

The route down

RoycheClough3.jpg

After Royche Clough we went over towards Buxton/Whalley Bridge and did a nice trail in the village of Combs

Combs1.jpg

Combs2.jpg

Mr PDiddy on his KTM 950 Super Enduro

Combs3.jpg

Dryskier

Combs4.jpg

Ferret

Combs5.jpg

After Combs we headed to Buxton and down the A515 to Ashbourne, before doing the last lane which brought us out near Newhaven

Spout cut along home and we made our way back to Lumb Farm..............I took the lovely Via Gellia road to Cromford, which was now basked in sunshine and it was great to cruise along at 60mph, swinging from bend to bend

We all arrived back safe and sound @ Lumb Farm and no sooner than I'd taken off my crash helmet, Ferret's lovely wife was offering me an ice cold lager from the their motorhome's fridge - many thanks:thumb......... a perfect end to a perfect day's riding

Hope Dryskier and his mate enjoyed it, although they were on pogo's they were novices - but did great

I can only echo Johnny's thanks, SPOUT it was agreat day on the trails and a great weekend,
see you all at the next one:thumb

A brilliant day out - thanks Spout & all the others for helping me & Squid along. Hope we didnt hold you up too much.
When we first set off we thought we were in the Novice/Intermediate group - but we soon realised our mistake - but by then it was too late.:eek:

As my induction into "proper off roading " & even if I was horizontal most of the time - I really enjoyed the ride & the company.

Right then - whens the next outing? :D

Thanks

Yes, Dryskier kept asking me if we were on the easy ride and I said of course we are:D

I had a great time and very pleased we managed to get round. Thanks to Paul for taking the lead, to Ferret for keeping an eye on us from the tail and PDiddy & JonnyBoxer for all making it a cracking day.

That Bamford Clough was a real ring twitcher:eek: more like down hill skiing than riding. I liked the look on the faces of the couple 'climbing' up it when they saw us sliding down.

I took some vids, here are a couple of screen shots. Royche Clough going down, not sure what the other one was called going up. Didn't get a vid of Banford unfortunately - didn't dare take my hand off the bars!

Attachments

• up hill (Medium).JPG
    up hill (Medium).JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 249
  • Royche Clough (Medium).JPG
    Royche Clough (Medium).JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 246
Glad everyone enjoyed it :thumb I did too :clap

I cobbled together a route for GS twins "with experience", but actually it suited our motley collection quite well.

We'll do the second half of the route next year :bounce1

PS I think that other photo is Pindale

Back
Top Bottom