Fifteen 15 ADAC routes for the Black Forest, Alsace and Vosges and some extras….

4. Lahr Schwarzwald to Lahr Schwarzwald - 254 km

Attachments

• Lahr Schwarzwald to Lahr Schwarzwald - 254 km.zip
    49.7 KB · Views: 448
5. Pforzheim to Birkenfeld - 123 km

Attachments

• Pforzheim to Birkenfeld - 123 km.gdb
    76.3 KB · Views: 429
6. Schonau to Schonau - 119 km

Attachments

• Schonau to Schonau - 119 km.gdb
    75.5 KB · Views: 410
7. Schönau to Schönau - 132 km

Attachments

• Schönau to Schönau - 132 km.gdb
    78 KB · Views: 403
An extra extra

Here are two extra routes cut from the 80 Virees a moto thread, which slot in nicely, too.

Saverne to Saverne - 257 miles - (80 Virees a moto - Michelin)

Colmar to Colmar - 358 km - (80 Virees a moto - Michelin)

Attachments

• Saverne to Saverne 257 miles - (80 Virees a moto - Michelin).zip
    69.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Colmar to Colmar - 358 km - 80 Virees a moto.zip
    73.8 KB · Views: 457
Hey Wapping - a suggestion if you want to share a bigger file (with all the routes in one)

Download Dropbox and get 2G of storage for free that can be shared with anyone via a public link (or kept private for yourself). It works really, really well.

(Disclosure - yes, I have included a referral tag in the dropbox link above - just means I get a bit of extra storage space, but I'd recommend it anyway. Honest :) )

Hi Rasher,

Yup, that is a good map for sure :thumb2

I have a similar map that details all main towns and roads, horizontally across the entire Alps.

Maps are odd things though. Rather like PC's and spreadsheets (or just about any other cheap mass produced item) what looks right to one bod, looks like spaghetti to another fellow.

The one certainty is that a map will not let you down...:thumb2 unlike a GPS.... and can be understood by the local peasant who is doing their damnedest to help you. Maps also make imagining a route or routes so much easier.

Outstanding work Wapping ! Many thanks for that. :thumb2 I too have taken the lot :)

I totally agree with you that whilst GPS is great, having a map - or maps - of your route is something you should never overlook. And at a decent scale too. I also carry one of these
large_silva_map_measurer.jpg

Kms one one side and miles on the other. Had one for over 35 years. Great for hiking and biking, you can get a better handle on the distances involved if there's lots of 'squiggly' roads footpaths .

Dave

Last edited:
I'm obviously doing something wrong because when i transfer to my Montana I seem to only get the last route I transfer, it overwrites the previous one.

Also i cant seem to save the routes in Mapsource - what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom