Help & advice prepping an X Challenge for almost RTW trip

Hey Lukas, the steel TT frame was expensive around €560, (I had blanked it from my mind it cost so much) there is a large discrepancy in TT parts across their dealers as I was building the bike in Holland I got it from TT Holland, it only took 7-8 weeks to get the parts that I had confirmed were in stock in Germany. TT Holland are not on the ball at all.QUOTE]

Interesting that you've gone for the TT steel rear frame. I had been speaking to a fabricator about strengthening up the rear frame as per Magnos setup but the more I think about the fuel range the more I like the idea of an X tank over a large TT tank. I'm just wondering weather a beefed up ally unit will be sufficient enough (with tank and luggage) or if I'll have to go for a steal one :confused:

I'm just wondering weather a beefed up ally unit will be sufficient enough (with tank and luggage) or if I'll have to go for a steal one :confused:

I thought the X tank was designed to give extra support to the rear subrame?

I am glad it was not this baby!

6241221443_b70f044cd6_b.jpg

Who makes the silencer on the near side bike? it looks similar to a can i have sat at home.....

Does he now have a template for the rack?, and if you dont mind how much did it cost, ime tring to decide on upgrading mt luggage carrying capacity, i currently just use three 20litre Kriega backs strapped together on the rear.

Does he now have a template for the rack?, and if you dont mind how much did it cost, ime tring to decide on upgrading mt luggage carrying capacity, i currently just use three 20litre Kriega backs strapped together on the rear.

I believe this is the first pre production model made from the template, best to email for pricing

Tel: +31 235849506
Email: info@hotrodwelding.nl

http://www.hotrodwelding.nl

Are those US20 bags? If you decide to upgrade I am may be interested in 2 of them.

Hey Clayton

Great to meet you on Saturday.... :beerjug::blagblah:friday:JB

following on from our brief discussion on wheel changing, saw a post from Mcgiggle referencing an AVRider thread that leads to this website. Take a look. I have ordered 2... one for myself and one to leave with Bas.

Mike

Day One with the XC

Have collected the bike, went for a mini bike trials day to get the feel of it.

The good thing is nothing broke or fell off!

6421579697_4fd37cf525_b.jpg

6421581837_9cfa4e6dd4_b.jpg

6421582633_2f61230b28_b.jpg

6421578935_a781a5dedb_b.jpg

6421575661_7582733775_b.jpg

6421575099_4817055774_b.jpg

6421573869_b9d36c61fc_b.jpg

I did have a little ride on this 530... dance with the devil they are to be respected awesomeness!!!
6421650617_044e8f7664_b.jpg

6421649523_a8cbd409fc_b.jpg

Hey Clayton

Great to meet you on Saturday.... :beerjug::blagblah:friday:JB

following on from our brief discussion on wheel changing, saw a post from Mcgiggle referencing an AVRider thread that leads to this website. Take a look. I have ordered 2... one for myself and one to leave with Bas.

Mike

got one myself, not needed to use it yet though:thumb2

Have collected the bike, went for a mini bike trials day to get the feel of it.

The good thing is nothing broke or fell off!

good to see it being put to proper use at last:clap, hoping that you havent dropped it yet but will be interested to know how the fairing holds up if you do:augie

The fairing is one of the originals that was made of sprayed fibreglass it already has cracks from just the build. Erik has new ones that are reinforced and look alot stronger. I will take a roll of gaffer tape to hold it together.

wow ... love what you'e done with your XChallenge ... I was going to sell my XChallenge, but might keep it now and do the same ... how much is the fairing if you don't mind me asking ? Also, the low fender, is it a KTM one ?

Great pics btw :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom