Hograost Road Run

Martyn B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:moped:

This year the Saturday Road Run will be going to Swanage, via the Sandbanks Ferry (just to make you feel like your off somewhere more exciting :rolleyes:). Bring a £1 coin for the Toll Machine. About an hour for lunch in Swanage.

Coffee/Tea/Comfort stops at the Horton Inn (am) and Compton Abbas Airfield (pm) via a mixture of saucy roads to make you smile.
:hapybnce:.

About 170 miles. Wet weather alternative either Sparkford Motor Museum or Yeovilton Fleer Air Arm Museum - or just get wet! :D I'll let you vote on the day if it's necessary...

Start 09:45 from the Rugby Club car park. Back in time for :chickendance:guitarist:steptoe:101:drums:hogroast

A Splendid Time is Guaranteed for All...

If you are up for this, post on this thread or pm me so I can pre-advise the Horton Inn and Compton Abbas on numbers.

Do you have a Garmin GPS file of the route that you could post up in advance? :thumb2

This could be a long story....

Do you have a Garmin GPS file of the route that you could post up in advance? :thumb2

Short answer - Not yet.:(

Long answer - Mapsource won't load on my latest laptop (doesn't seem to like Vista, but then again who does?) - BUT I might be able to create it on my StreetPilot 2820 and download it here via my laptop just using file transfer. Never tried doing it that way so not sure it'll work.:nenau

You could just follow blindly - many have in the past. Most of them are still on the road though! :D:D:D

Seriously, I'll be using the drop-off system and I've lined up a tail man so, theoretically, you shouldn't find yourself lost.:jes

Trust me - I'm a Tosser!:tosser

Sorry!

" BUT I might be able to create it on my StreetPilot 2820 and download it here via my laptop just using file transfer. Never tried doing it that way so not sure it'll work."

Just tried it and Windows can't see any of my Routes on the Garmin - I'm not really up on this but I guess this is all done under Mapsource which doesn't want to play ball.

How about a nice MSAutoroute file? ;)

No, I thought not...:rolleyes:

Just tried it and Windows can't see any of my Routes on the Garmin - I'm not really up on this but I guess this is all done under Mapsource which doesn't want to play ball.

How about a nice MSAutoroute file? ;)

No, I thought not...:rolleyes:

What about the route on google maps? I think I can convert it to mapsource from that.

Tom, don't waste the mans time - you know you either won't go or you'll leave the ride after 20 minutes moaning about the speed.

Wow!

you'll leave the ride after 20 minutes moaning about the speed.

Impessive Steptoe! How did you know I was going to cut it with talcum powder? :jibberbig

Gosh!

great route, well done :thumb2

Thank you Your Tossness, we aim to please - however unconfined joy might best be postponed until we get everyone safely back to the festivities on Saturday evening! :augie

Weather's looking good!

Not wishing to tempt fate but the forecast's pretty good for the weekend generally - and about 19 degs and sunny for Swanage on Saturday.

Thanks to those who've posted their intentions to join us for the Road Run. Looks like about 6 to 10 bike plus a couple of pillions - which is nice! :D

Time to get the camping stuff out - see you all tomorrow!

:hogroast

Back
Top Bottom