Bilco's TAT tour 2011

yes, another massive day, 7pm start I have aready forgotten what yesterdays hotel was like,oh yes I remember.

They are all very clean but with this heat a tad smelly, most 4 star so not slumming it, I got to this one first today as I pulled off the trail 10 miles early.

So I`m now classed as a dipper wooss, baby and so on because I only managed 178 miles off road.

Today was all trail riding we found our selfs i the real back and beond, how this guy that tracked the trail in the first place found these routes one will never know.

15 0r so years ago they all must have been well cut off in places, we are celebritys where ever we go everybody wanys to know why on earth 7 now brits have found there way into some of the remotest parts of the USA.

when I say remote I mean remote, today I manage 1 hour on my own away from poor tasteless jokes of Gary :D whome I find myself rolling around at the sound of his voice, some of the stuff he says is just hularious.

I left the group with 10 miles to do, short of water and energy to do the last ten as the down hill part I had just done was chalanging, and I felt if I had a day full.

We are a good group working together well, just not bonding the last few days as we are in a dry state/county never sure what, all i know is you can tell the difference.

We should try it in the UK ! SEEMS NICER without the beer.

I`m sure we will be devising some sort of intersate beer runs if this carrys on.

So 7.30 start tommorow and God help you if your not ready, Bilko is strick and wrightly so we do have a long way to go and I can asure you its HOT, and those few hours before the sun pops out, we can manage about 50 miles.

The SPOT thing seems to work well, you can check back by changing pages, look in bottom left of map it says PAGES 1- WHATEVER.

I have just rang the bakery and have been told to say away for longer

so BYE for now :thumb

A word here for Murdoch who has this happy knack of being able to repair just about anything

Keep him off the Guinness - his efficiency levels do drop off a bit but he can still change tyres chains and sprockets on auto pilot!

Last edited:
Hauled up at THE MARRIOTT HOTEL, arrived in Bartlesville at 10pm asked the night porter to ring all the hotels in town he called about 10 and nobody had seen or had 7 offroad bikers staying.

But had seen one I take it thats GREZ.

So I rode around town till 11pm and returned to THE MARRIOTT as the doorman offered me a great price,hence Im here room 218 call if you like.

Anyway good job we parted with 70 miles miles to go as 10 miles along the road after I left you, the bike went totally out of control and almost throw me off at 55mph.

I so nearly came with you as I felt good about the day, and saw you riding off a so nearly came after you, good job i didn`t

I stopped thinking the mousees had failed, no they were OK as far as I could see, back on and the thing was just about unrideable.

Good job I had left the trail when I did as the rear wheel bearings had dissintergrated. with a good 2 inches of movment I mangaed town.

Then a 2 mile ride out east to a small barn where POP and MA as they are now affectionatly know fixed my wheel bearings, he had a shed or barn with a new part for nearly every motorbike ever made since he started 47 years ago.

So KTM rear bearings somewhere YES both FRONT and REAR.

he also had a massive assortment of tyres, but had never removed a mousee so we cut it off with a jig saw, and sliced it in two took about an hour.

POP had a bad back so I have to remove the wheel and put it back in, also he spent ages making a tool to punch out the old bearings.

So I bought a NEW DUNLOP tyre HEAVEY JUTY innertube, some chain jube some gloves and a helmet, he hung my old one up in the barn for me, POP is now $450 better off now, he can pay his bills he said.

We waved good bye at 8.15 I had been there since 4pm and I rode here to BARTLESVILLE.

SPOTS shows my where abouts and my phones on 07985 256 199

Im in room 218 if you call the hotel 918 331 2100 address 2107 WASHINGTON Blvd

Bakes

Bloody hell Bakes - sounds like you had an interesting day!

Glad you and the bike are ok.

Matt

Hauled up at THE MARRIOTT HOTEL, arrived in Bartlesville at 10pm asked the night porter to ring all the hotels in town he called about 10 and nobody had seen or had 7 offroad bikers staying.

Im in room 218 if you call the hotel 918 331 2100 address 2107 WASHINGTON Blvd

Bakes

I`m following you :thumb

I offered to go find Bakerman, you would be surprised how far he can roam in a short period of time,

Bakerman takes a look at the route says feck that ... and is gone, ...

Don't let him out of your sight!!

;)

Greg

:rolleyes:

I want to see Pop and Ma's garage?

Ahhh..... the mousse debate continues, and I'm up at present!:rolleyes:

Excellent Chaps, keep it coming.......:thumb

Timpo.

:popcorn

Really enjoying this.

Skygod makes the morning out with you in the Dry Peak District look tame in comparison . Awesome stuff. Would love to be with you.
Keep it coming:thumb

I thought I had taught him to fall off better than that :rob

Bit "Lionel Blair" Gary :ymca

Wish I was there though, looks great fun :thumb2

My guess is that we shouldn't read too much into the activity on the spot track as it appears that he flew from Pryor Creek to Bartlesville :D

My guess is that we shouldn't read too much into the activity on the spot track as it appears that he flew from Pryor Creek to Bartlesville :D

So would you with new wheel bearings front and rear and a new back tyre.

:D

Back
Top Bottom