R80st register - your photos please

I can finally post the picture of my finished ST.

b32cc36a14155da2d133d69437a1026b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work Martin :thumby:

Wow! That bike is absolutely stunning. How does it go with all of the engine work you’ve done on it?

Wow! That bike is absolutely stunning. How does it go with all of the engine work you’ve done on it?

It rides lovely thanks, only work needed to the engine was new valve guides, I also got the valves changed as a precaution, replaced the push rod tubes and rear main seal.

Other engine components seemed perfect and within spec, I even cleaned up and used the old clutch plates. Mileage on bike is 50k.

The bike spins up nice and quickly and pulls well. It has a more reassuring feeling in the corners than my last G/S, obviously down to less travel In the suspension, the 19 inch front wheel and road focused tyres.

It will look different again once I get the front headlamp cowl fitted, but at present I need to source a lower bracket or get one made.

3f7320bab9fd8efd4eb9e2821d54ec31.jpg

Cheers Paul thanks for the info

My 1984 ST....

Attachments

• 1984-bmw-r80.jpg
    1984-bmw-r80.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 99

Hi
I noticed that you've changed the front end and in the process went from what looks like the billet or harison 6 pot caliper to the paralever front forks with a 4 pot conversion. I'm looking to upgrade the brakes on my paralever and was looking at both these options so i have a couple of questions if I may?
How does the 4 pot feel compare with the setup you had previously?
Did you convert the 4 pot to the forks and if so how did you do it?

Pete keys

the original brake calliper I had on the ST forks was a Pretech calliper (since sold on here)
the paralever gs forks I have since fitted are stouter than the g/s or st forks….. I got the 1100/1150 calliper from mikeyboy of this Parrish, already machined to fit the gs paralever forks ( apparently, a couple of MM needs to be removed from the mounting bosses)
I find the front end better due to the less flexing, and find the brakes to be excellant….. about the same as the Pretech calliper, but with less flexing from the forks, the braking feels better to me

hope this helps

ps….. I don’t think Pretech exist anymore….

Back
Top Bottom