help/advice please Ardennes Belguim

ronniez1a903

Reaction score
hi all
many thanks in advance but looking for any help/advice please.
any b&b/hotels with safe bike parking also places of interest in the
ardennes region of Belguim.
best regards. Ronnie. :beerjug:

The Formula 1 hotel in Leige is a good base to explore the Ardennes area,cheap and cheerful with secure parking and one of the better F1 hotels.30 mins from La Glieze:aidan

I still like the Post hotel in Bouillon.

Huuuuuuuuuuuge integral carpark.

Well placed for all the sites.

Popular with assorted bods on this site.

Nice hotel, excellent brekkie but pay the extra for a river view: the views from the other side are rubbish and are right against a road which has trucks rumbling past at all hours.

the la porte which is the other side of the river in bouillon is very nice but no secure parking, bike right outside the window though.

if you like caves the grottes de han is worth a visit, also as wapping says check his posts as they contain a wealth of info.

we did the ardennes a few months back, but went on through luxembourg into germany and back into belgium. the forecast said rain everyday but apart from a couple of hours it was dry all week :thumb

re ardennes

many thanks guys
me & 3 pals plan to go from hull to zeebrugge.
then head to the ardennes stay their for 2 nights. also plan to go into
Luxembourg then head back into Belgium to stay 3 nights in ypres.
should be good fun & very interesting :thumb2
best regards Ronnie. :beerjug:

re ardennes hotel/b&b

hi all
thanks for all your help as regard the above but still unsure where to stay for 2 nights in the Ardennes.:nenau
any further help would be much appreciated.
p.s. big thank you to wapping of this parish his threads have been a great help and inspiration.
many thanks. Ronnie :thumb2 :beerjug:

bouillon, bastogne, dinant??

the mervelleuse hotel in dinant is fantastic, ex convent now run as a hotel overlooking the river and citadel in dinant, we stayed there a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it

cheers
mike

re ardennes hotel/b&b

hi mike
many thanks for the advice just checked out the hotel in dinant but they are fully booked for our travel dates.:confused:
best regards Ronnie :beerjug:

This Logis hotel just on the French side of the Belgian border in Maubeuge has been highly recommended by a number of friends but I've yet to try it myself. http://reservation-hotel.logishotels.com/jreservit/fichehotel.do?langcode=EN&hotelid=643

A decent base for the Ardennes or overnight stop after an afternoon ferry/train for anyone heading SE of Calais on a longer trip. 200km from Calais on toll free autoroute if you go via Lille.

Back
Top Bottom