Hotel Prices and Bookings & Alternatives

rocks

Reaction score
I have spoken with The Hand Hotel : Very pleasent lady on the phone..

I have secured the following Rates :

Double Room : £30 per person, BnB per night.
Single Room : £35 per person BnB per night.

They have a couple of bookings already, but the hotel is presently 90% or more empty for that weekend. They do have rooms available for the Thursday night, at i believe the same rate, for those travelling from further afield who wish to come up early.

The HOTEL number is : 01978 860303.

I have provisionally booked 40 places/rooms, which they will hold for an initial 14 days for me, there after i have to keep them uptodate.

If people book early we will have the place almost entirely to our selfs.

Anyone wishing to camp, please let me know and I will get some information on local campsite/facilities/costs etc.

Details on the Hotel Can be found :

HOTEL DETAILS

People Wishing to book, please quote the UKGS club, or John Woolley as your contact, to secure the discount price.

Anyone having any problems please contact me.

Campsites Coming Soon

Steve,
I will open a new thread up shortly.
So far it appears that there are three campsites.

Will try to get some information on prices, spaces, facilities for you shortly.

Gaza.. cheers.. at least one person has booked.. hurray. I will be booking shortly.. was going to camp it, but hotel won..

Whatton said:
Will there be bingo?

Too late I've booked, but don't tell the wife. it's going to be an anniversary surprise.
:)

Whatton said:
Too late I've booked, but don't tell the wife. it's going to be an anniversary surprise.
:)

I'm booked in :)

BTW - I guess it will be a surprise to be taken to Bingo for her anniversary :confused:

Clive said:
I'm booked in :)

BTW - I guess it will be a surprise to be taken to Bingo for her anniversary :confused:

Err..... who said she was going, thats the surprise.

:(

Eck..

Eck.. I guess I better get booked or it will be nights under canvas for me.. I make that around 6 or seven bookings already.

The memsahib has decided that she will be coming along :eek: just cost me another bit of wedge

7108137-M.jpg

I have booked..

I went for a bit of ride today and stopped at the Hands Hotel to book my room for may, which is duely done now.

Looks like they have had 7 bookings so far.

Speaking with the nice lady at reception, she was saying that she would expect the place to be fairly booked out by the end of January, or possibly before then.

They are happy to hold the reserved places I arranged. Was forty, now 33 reserved places for UKgs left as of today since the bookings have started. So thankyou to those who booked early for helping us secure them.

The hotel has 58 ensuite rooms.. 40 of which are booked for us, and they have already had a few seperate bookings. So if you wish to garentee a place, then please book early to avoid dissapointment.

rocks said:
I have spoken with The Hand Hotel : Very pleasent lady on the phone..

I have provisionally booked 40 places/rooms, which they will hold for an initial 14 days for me, there after i have to keep them uptodate.

If people book early we will have the place almost entirely to our selfs.

I'm in too
:beerjug:

Bob (my wife still thinks I should change my avatar and not be so bloody boring - certainly after seeing names like MasterDabber, Gotterdammerung, Pod etc. Is it possible?:( )

Just booked Fri and Sat night.
Seems a bit extravagant when I live half an hour away,but it means I can partake of the giggle-juice. :beer:

Me too

Just booked double room - looking forward to it.

GS event virgin - treat me gently! Fancy the orienteering though.

Was over the horsehoe and in Llangollen about a month ago but on 4 wheels, lovely part of the country.

Rooms..

Nice to hear Malcom, will see you there.

Update on the rooms : 28 left out of the original 40.

Been a bit of surprise, I didnt expect to have over a quater gone so quickly. Thanks for the support guys.

You can chalk down one more room from your list as I have just booked.

I am looking forward to this as it will be my first UKGSER weekender and its my birthday just the day before!!!

Will you be posting a program of events for the weekend? I was aiming to be up around lunchtime on the Friday if there was anything going on that afternoon (other than propping up the bar!) or should I take the long route up and arrive at teatime? I am coming from Oxfordshire so I have a number of interesting routes I could take.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Titch

Back
Top Bottom