Pre trip meeting 29th December 2011

If memory serves me correctly Chris suggested we would be wise to carry certain gear for emergency repairs but unwise to duplicate bulky items i.e. all carry an electrical air compressor or a spare battery.
Would it be wise then, before the bikes are shipped over at the end of April (for the first group), to post up the tool kits/spares we are planning to carry. It maybe that people subsequently rationalise their kit - though of course inform everybody they are doing so.
Maybe too complicated a process to carry out though maybe useful?

I have a toolbox fitted to the insdie area of the RH pannier and am carrying the following in it.
1no Ring Antenna
1no FPC
2no H7 bulbs
Spare fuses 2no ea mini blade 2A, 15A, 2no 30A Blade 2no 15A glass
Slime Air Pump with ext lead and hose (connection hard wired to battery)
Puncture Repair Kit 3no plugs, 6no valve cores 1no tubless valve 1no valve tool
1no Alt Belt (changed one from service)
2no 250mm ish tyre levers in LH pannier

Tool roll is on the LH pannier with 3/8" ratchet 6" ext 3/8"-1/2" adaptor
T10-T55 long 10mm hex drivers
3-8mm Allen long 10mm hex drivers
T10-T50 Ball End Torx set
Torx Screwdriver with interchangeable bits
19, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 10, 8, 6, comb spanners
Wheel tool
Feelers
Needle Nose Pliers
Engineers Pliers apx 8"
8" Shifter
Plug Spanner
Coil Pack removal tool
Bead Breaker bolted to rear rack.
1no K&N oil filter (went with this cos there's a 17mm hex on the end and don't need to carry the oil filter tool
All packs comfortably and I hope I have missed nothing...:aidan

Wow,
I have:
Puncture repair kit
2 x Mini gas tyre inflators
2 x Tyre levers
Torx sockets and 'front wheel thing' to enable changing of both wheels
Spare fuses - mini for Garmin and normal 15A
1 x H7 bulb
1x fuel pump controller (though I'm not sure if it fits my 2011 1200GSA!!)
Various tools i.e. pliers, spanners, torx and allen keys
Some electrical wire, connectors, Duct tape, insulation tape, plastic cable ties

Addresses of North American/Canadian BMW dealers in the places we are passing through ........................

Wow,
I have:
Puncture repair kit
2 x Mini gas tyre inflators
2 x Tyre levers
Torx sockets and 'front wheel thing' to enable changing of both wheels
Spare fuses - mini for Garmin and normal 15A
1 x H7 bulb
1x fuel pump controller (though I'm not sure if it fits my 2011 1200GSA!!)
Various tools i.e. pliers, spanners, torx and allen keys
Some electrical wire, connectors, Duct tape, insulation tape, plastic cable ties

Addresses of North American/Canadian BMW dealers in the places we are passing through ........................

Sounds good. Have the tape, ties n stuff as well along with velcro cable ties and a GS911 too. You posting any pics of your bike? Good idea re the dealers addresses etc. Once bike leaves, I am going to suffer withdrawl symptoms......

Sounds good. Have the tape, ties n stuff as well along with velcro cable ties and a GS911 too. You posting any pics of your bike? Good idea re the dealers addresses etc. Once bike leaves, I am going to suffer withdrawl symptoms......
I'm riding with you ...............

Seems we'll have a moving tool box:thumb

I also carry a little book called BMW Anonymous. This publishes numbers of any beemer owners who are happy to help out in the case of problems on the road:thumb

I'll bring the WD40 & duct tape. If it moves & it shouldn't, duct tape, if it doesn't & it should, WD40 :D

I do hope the rain eases off tommorrow, I'm bringing the bike up to Pershore :eek

Back
Top Bottom