R1200GS Satnav Mount Bar

I don't know if it meets your criteria of being smaller and discreet; however, I use one of these.....

!BTfditwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvS+VBKIv6),Jd!~~_1.JPG

http://www.motorradonline.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_50&products_id=103

Do a search on MIGSEL sat nav mounts - very nice and fairly discrete if expensive.

Got my secondhand off this site :thumb

I saw that - but where does it fit on my GS!

(I think I'm being blonde....)

It fits on the panel below the screen and in front of the clocks. The brace supports the windscreen against the windblast.

I can't find any pics on-line but I can take some later....

I'd love to see how far forward it protrudes over the clocks to judge ease of usability whilst on the move. Looks like you could mount a TT lockable mount straight onto it?

I'd love to see how far forward it protrudes over the clocks to judge ease of usability whilst on the move. Looks like you could mount a TT lockable mount straight onto it?

On the Alder mount...? I can use my BMW Navigator IV on the move.

This is the kind of arrangement I have but with the TT lockable bracket for a 660. The issue is that there is a fair amount of vibration from that upper bracket on the GSA screen (not helped by the weight of the satnav and bracket!) and it is only just reachable, so I've been thinking about an alternative.

Attachments

• 01-044-0770-0_I_01.JPG
    01-044-0770-0_I_01.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 3,197
I've got a telferizer ram mount on my bar clamps. It puts the GPS out of your immediate sight which I prefer (combined with audio works really well IMO) - some don't. The benefits are that its dead neat, rock solid and easy to reach.....oh and all of £26. :thumb2

The OE BMW mount is much neater than the aftermarket Meccano sets ;)
+1 :thumb2 OE BMW mounting bar/assembly is great - looks the part and fits in with existing bar that goes over GS clocks, plus it's well priced.

don't worry.....i'll give the supplier a bell. on a similar topic though......which power lead do you use?

don't worry.....i'll give the supplier a bell. on a similar topic though......which power lead do you use?

Emmm.....the supplier...yeah ok.....I did think of doing that......he's actually a good friend of mine....however, I'm not sure he's going to know off the top of his head, either. :D

Power lead - the BMW Navigator IV comes with a lead harwired into the cradle and the other end plugs into the dedicated lead under the beak. You'd need to do something different if you're planning on using a car GPS unit in a waterproof case. It is possible to source the matching plug for the dedicated socket on the lead under the beak and make up your own power lead for the GPS unit.

Back
Top Bottom