Heated Grips
Acerbis Handguards
Givi base plate
IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

Yes, I know:blast

IMG_1146.jpg

Nice lookig bike there.... but I think the exhausts don't look right sticking out the back...

Thats a credit to you Mark, immaculate but please excuse my ignorance - why "steamer"......:nenau

Thats a credit to you Mark, immaculate but please excuse my ignorance - why "steamer"......:nenau

On the Tiger forum the carbed 885 engined bikes are know as steamers, the injection 885 and 955`s are known as Girlies. I know not why.

I made up some brackets to fit a pair of old wingracks I had knocking around today
IMG_0019.jpg

thats one very clean steamer:cool: i bet she sounds sweet with the venoms on:beerjug:

now steamers , ie carbs old tech like a steam engine.

girlies , 855i 955i Fi models eye lashes above lights and voluptuous tank shape

Roadies , 1050s :D:D:D:D

thats one very clean steamer:cool: i bet she sounds sweet with the venoms on:beerjug:

now steamers , ie carbs old tech like a steam engine.

girlies , 855i 955i Fi models eye lashes above lights and voluptuous tank shape

Roadies , 1050s :D:D:D:D

Thanks for the explanation!
Yes, she sounds lovely but it makes me want to nail it out of every bend. The cans come with two removeable silencers, one small cone at the link pipe end and one in the usual location. I have the small cones installed, but it is still a wonderful sound. I have owned two Tridents before and I really rate this engine. I have also owned a Daytona 955 which may have ultimately been quicker, but just didn`t `feel` so good. I am now enjoying this as much as my 1100GS.

Heres my new tiger :thumb I collected this last Saturday after flying up to Edinburgh from Birmingham then rode her back the 320 mile to Warwick.

016-3.jpg

Heres my new tiger :thumb I collected this last Saturday after flying up to Edinburgh from Birmingham then rode her back the 320 mile to Warwick.

QUOTE]

I see you got the best colour. What are your first impressions?

Not sure yet seems a bit lumpy below 2500 revs bit over that its great, The pegs seem a bit high and Ive changed the bars for a set of high Renthals :thumb

I will be using in on a daily basis as of the 1st October but before that I'm taking the tank off to put new plugs in and have a look see to see if anything seems out of place also fit some heated grips for the winter :rob

Not sure yet seems a bit lumpy below 2500 revs bit over that its great, The pegs seem a bit high and Ive changed the bars for a set of high Renthals :thumb

I will be using in on a daily basis as of the 1st October but before that I'm taking the tank off to put new plugs in and have a look see to see if anything seems out of place also fit some heated grips for the winter :rob

Mine was also a bit lumpy at low revs when I first got it. After having the valves adjusted the bike was transformed and it is 100% smooth throughout the rev range.
I agree with you about the pegs being quite high, but it has never got uncomfortable for me. I dropped the forks through the yokes by 25mm a couple of weeks ago expecting it to a bit too much but it actually handles better I reckon. The front certainly feels more planted at high speed on the motorway. I may also rotate the eccentric chain adjusters to drop the rear end a bit also. It is a very tall bike and adding a Corbin seat made it even worse as it is a bit wider at the front. Lowering it alos helps to reduce the rediculous lean angle on the side stand.

Back
Top Bottom