Girlie

chad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
funny isnt it , doesnt matter what you have , the compulsion to feck around with it happens pretty instantly.

it had been just over a year when i was forced to let my 1150 go due to a fecked back and time off work ,

francerun2010113.jpg
:tears:tears:tears:tears

So a 955i came up on here for a reasonable price and desperate to be back on my own two wheels we went for it .

first impressions engine , makes you Grin all through the rev range very smooth and plenty of roll on stomp at speed :D

the screens bloody useless:D (thats now sorted with a palmer products item):D

and leg rooms a tad cramped for my long legs .( lowered footpegs have been sourced):D

the petticoat Government has given the pillion perch the seal of approval :thumb2

Headlights Crap ( even worse than the 1150:eek) now sorted with HIDs:D

she seems to be returning 47-50mpg no matter how ridden , it will be interesting to see how that changes with a K+N , end can and fuel map:D:D

for the first few miles of riding i thought there was a problem with the tyres as i couldnt believe how quick it tipped into corners , but after 40k on the rock steady 1150 its no real surprise.

and by christ the STD can has to go it sounds like a freakin sewing machine:p

Do i like it ? yes its a good bike and bloody good value for money :thumb

parts seem fairly reasonable , and its a fairly straight forward bike to work on . though im not sure about this having to lube a chain lark:D:eek:D

and its going to be around for a while because i need to invest in a new van for work this year:blast

acd3b491.jpg

palmer screen and knocked up satnav mount oh and the RoxRisers from my 1150:D

039636ac.jpg

during a ride out with two blue props finest she is no shrinking violet:D

bovingdontankmusuem079.jpg

Well it certainly stands out with the lumi green coating.....:D

Just need to get your back dealt with and it'll be full steam aheed....:clap

Oooooh you sinner!!!

Your tax disc is mounted on the wrong side of the bike :p

Enjoy :beerjug:

Well it certainly stands out with the lumi green coating.....:D

Just need to get your back dealt with and it'll be full steam aheed....:clap

Oooooh you sinner!!!

Your tax disc is mounted on the wrong side of the bike :p

Enjoy :beerjug:

:D:D:D yeh make the bastids work for it:hide:D

Looks good...:thumb2

That is one gorgeous looking trumpet, well wear Chad

thanks all its a good wee bike and the best £1800 ive spent in a long while:JB

now just got to wait and see if i survive the surgeons loving attention on the 20th:D:D and get back to full fitness:beerjug:

I have one as well, just coming up for 50k and the only issues I've had was a throttle position sensor fail and a lower steering head bearing. Front brake feels like it doesn't work too well but it will lock up the front tyre if you pull it in hard enough, back brake on mine is to be avoided in times of panic as it just locks up pretty easily but considering the length of the pedal that is not surprising. Yes headlights are crap, I have wired mine to work together and put in 100w bulbs, slight improvement. speedo display is also crap at night or especially poor light. But having said all that a great engine, very comfortable ride, doesn't get too upset on bumpy twisties, good ground clearance, seems to get on with any tyre road or trail.

Have fun!

http://www.pyreneesmotorcycletours.com

ride the best roads

Don't put 100w bulbs in them

There's only a small alternator! Do the Sasquatch charging circuit mod that'll help but with fuel pump ignition other lights and heated grips you are on the limit for charging

a Common failure on an otherwise good bike

That forum is superb for Tiger stuff too

Back
Top Bottom