Multiple maps on SD

You need to use Garmin MapInstall. Download it from the Garmin website and it will allow you to select from all your maps and install to an SD card in your Zumo.

I always install my maps this way as I can get all of Europe on an 8GB SD card instead of just Western Europe on the unit.

As Parky says, install to an SD card using MapInstall (PC & Mac) or Mapsource (PC). This will create a GMAPSUPP.IMG file in a folder named Garmin.

Using either of the above programs you can create map-sets from any mapping that you can load into them. You can combine different mapping in one GMAPSUPP.IMG file if you wish or have multiple SD cards with different mapping on each, swap them according to your requirements.

Having your primary mapping on an SD card does carry a small element of risk as one of the guys in the VFR club found out; Card went bad on tour in the South of France, he had to resort to paper maps and navigate a simplified route. Either carry a spare duplicate SD card or put the important mapping on the internal memory.

Back
Top Bottom