Alarm fob program

duckspeed

Proud Tosser
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had a search for this but no help.
I bought a 2006 1200 gsa with only one alarm fob, so have bought another from BMW however I don't have the instruction manual to program it.
I am sure it's a "Long press this, turn key twice, pat the head operation" but any help would be gratefully received. :nenau

:)

Progamming the BMW Security System

First, put the system in PROGRAMMING mode using the remote:
<table border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="green"> <th>Step</th> <th>Action</th> <th>Confirmation</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">1</td> <td>Deactivate alarm function</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">2</td> <td>Turn ignition on</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">3</td> <td>Press ribbed button 3 times</td> <td>one beep</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">4</td> <td>Switch OFF ignition within 10 sec.</td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">5</td> <td>Press smooth button 3 times</td> <td>one beep</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6</td> <td>Switch ignition ON within 10 sec.</td> <td>3 beeps</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
The PROGRAMMING function is now active. The number of flashing signals on the remote's LED indicates the active programming step. Pressing the ribbed button is confirmed by an alarm tone. Pressing the smooth button is confirmed by an acknowledgment tone.
Following the last step, the LED stops flashing and four acknowledgment tones sound.

<table border="1" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="green"> <th>Step</th> <th>Setting</th> <th>Ribbed button</th> <th>Smooth button</th> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">1</td> <td>Confirmation beeping following arming/disarming</td> <td align="center">ON</td> <td align="center">OFF</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">2</td> <td>(not in use)</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">Push either button</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">3</td> <td>Alarm tone type</td> <td align="center">swelling</td> <td align="center">intermittent</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">4</td> <td>Automatic arming of alarm function with ignition off</td> <td align="center">ON</td> <td align="center">OFF</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
The system exits programming mode automatically 30 seconds after the last button was pressed. You can end programming mode immediately by switching off the ignition.
Successful programming is confirmed by the acknowledgment tone sounding 4 times. If programming is cancelled, the data will not be saved.
If you want to register an additional remote control unit, or replace a lost remote control unit, then you must always register all remote control units with the anti-theft alarm. You can register a maximum of four remote control units.

FROM HERE

PM me with your email address. I've got it as a pdf for my 2008 GSA. I'm pretty sure it's the same.

Top man

You Fanum are a Top Fella, just what I had in mind :beerjug:

Bookmark r1200gs.info as you will refer to it in the future :thumb

Used it many times.

Back
Top Bottom