LOST DOG RALLY @ HOGRAOST 2012

BAKERMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought OS 131 Maps x 15

I will put out 20 or 30 LOST DOG POSTERS two or three days before the event, and recording map referance of each.

You have to find posters and record DOGS NAMES, and answer 3 questions on return about the day.

So teams of TWO or THREE Please you will be given a sheet of paper with each grid referance on you just need to find on map then go to point, and write down dogs name,

BINGO

PLEASE WRITE NAMES BELOW of team mates, also can be done on the day.

All points will be on BY-WAYS or may be the odd ramdom tree on the road side.

To cover map costs £7.99 each a £8 charge per team £4 per head teams of two or three what ever.

So get Map reading skill up together and choseing a team mate !

Just a suggestion ...

With you knowing where your putting the posters, the area and the likely routes people will plot ... can you think of a nice pub that would be fairly central and with a good beer garden where folk who wanted to could meet up around lunchtime before heading back out.

Just a suggestion ...

With you knowing where your putting the posters, the area and the likely routes people will plot ... can you think of a nice pub that would be fairly central and with a good beer garden where folk who wanted to could meet up around lunchtime before heading back out.

off course, will lay out and publish pub that morning :thumb

Please, no dog names like Jam Doughnut and Ring Doughnut. :toungincheek

However, I favour proper dog names like: Tart, Muffin, Baps with good quality photos attached. Perhaps the pictures could have a "Doggy Style" theme. :green gri

I'm sure you'll get lots of participants, me being one of them. :augie

LOST DOG ENTRANCE FORM

After a great day out with Steve, checking out the lanes, we've hatched a plan to put out some Lost Dog posters.

Once you've entered the Lost Dog Rally you will recieve a map and an entry form, see below, the form you receive on the day will have a grid reference close to the location of one of the Lost Dog posters.

The idea is for you to navigate yourselves around the local area, taking in as many or as little of the unpaved roads and byways (just because there isn't a poster on a byway, you can still enjoy it!). This is a treasure hunt, but without the treasure.

THIS IS NOT A SPEED EVENT, PLEASE RESPECT OTHER ROAD/BYWAY USERS.

img162.jpg

Cheers,

Louis

Do you have to be on a bike for this?

Might come along in Jeep 4x4 with SWMBO and go out for drive and walk on the Saturday.

If not possible, then happy to help with anything needing doing during the day.:)

Any reason not to attempt this 2-up? One of us will be on a YB-125 for little while longer, so I will be offering the pillion instead of making the poor thing suffer off-road adventures - its bad enough that it will be coming al the way from Exeter.

Any reason not to attempt this 2-up? One of us will be on a YB-125 for little while longer, so I will be offering the pillion instead of making the poor thing suffer off-road adventures - its bad enough that it will be coming al the way from Exeter.

Non at all, its all local byways, most dogs are at the start or end of BY WAYS, so in the middle, just have a go sure youll have a good time.

Do you have to be on a bike for this?

Might come along in Jeep 4x4 with SWMBO and go out for drive and walk on the Saturday.

If not possible, then happy to help with anything needing doing during the day.:)

Need an extra pair of hands Mr Toad? I'm not doing anything on the Saturday so could be at Andover station at half ten but would need to be back at the station for half five.

SumpRat

Back
Top Bottom