garmin quest 1 problem

ronniez1a903

Reaction score
hi all
many thanks in advance.
as above my garmin quest was working fine untill trying to plan a route in europe. now all thats comming up on the screen is SYSTEM SOFTWARE MISSING. if at all & how can this be fixed.
any help would be much appreciated.
many thanks Ronnie. :beerjug:

Happy Memories! my quest 1 worked until exactly a year ago and then lost contact with the antenna (again) eight years of service and replaced with a Navigator

Happy Memories! my quest 1 worked until exactly a year ago and then lost contact with the antenna (again) eight years of service and replaced with a Navigator

A not uncommon error. especially if they've had a lot of use. Solution, other than replace the broken ribbon cable that connects the antenna, is to buy an external GPS antenna with, ISTR, a MCX connector. This can be attached to your bike somewhere and plugged into the socket on the back of the Quest.

Reset

A system reset may help. NB your personal data will be lost. I don't remember if maps are also deleted and need to be reloaded

Press and hold the "Power" button and "In" button at the same time until the Garmin Quest powers off.

quest problem

Hi all
Tried the above with no luck :confused:
the quest just bleeps & displays SYSTEM SOFTWARE MISSING, may be scrap :nenau
don't think the unit failed, but was me that did something to lose the software :blast
many thanks Ronnie. :thumby:

Hi all
Tried the above with no luck :confused:
the quest just bleeps & displays SYSTEM SOFTWARE MISSING, may be scrap :nenau
don't think the unit failed, but was me that did something to lose the software :blast
many thanks Ronnie. :thumby:

When you plug it into a PC, does the PC recognise it?
If it does, does Mapsource recognise it?

Re garmin quest problem

Hi all
Many thanks for all the replies to my thread, My quest is now up & running again :thumby:
the problem was the connection on the unit where the usb cable fits
kind regards Ronnie :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom