Turned out nice again

Deleted account 231002001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Firstly thank you to Rich and Sandy for getting us all together.

Friday morning and with the bike loaded on the trailer, the tent in the boot and my mug packed, I had a 25 minute drive to the campsite (which wasn't looking it's best after the storms and was very wet), but folk turned up and smiling faces transformed the rather grey day and a lovely weekend lay ahead.

Saturday 7 of us headed out on the trails not quite knowing what the conditions were going to be like but it turned fine and we had just a few spots of rain around mid-day but that very quickly cleared and all the lanes were do'able.

Exmoor2012003.jpg

Exmoor2012004.jpg

Exmoor2012005.jpg

Exmoor2012006.jpg

Exmoor2012007.jpg

Exmoor2012009.jpg

Exmoor2012010.jpg

Exmoor2012011.jpg

Exmoor2012012.jpg

Exmoor2012013.jpg

Exmoor2012014.jpg

Exmoor2012015.jpg

Exmoor2012011.jpg

Exmoor2012019.jpg

Exmoor2012022.jpg

Exmoor2012023.jpg

Exmoor2012024.jpg

Exmoor2012025.jpg

As always you are unable to stop on some of the more technical lanes to take photo's or you'd never get going again but big :thumb2 to Sid and the chap on the 1200 GSA (sorry terrible with names) for clearing them all. The last flat one was a bit of a mud bath.

After a day on the bike the very warm indoor pool was a real treat.

Cogs and Lisa were making the most of it as well.

Exmoor2012028.jpg

Pub was nice and the company was good.

Exmoor2012031.jpg

Exmoor2012032.jpg

Exmoor2012033.jpg

On sunday morning I decided that I fancied a day out walking with friends rather than another on the bike. The plan was always to just go out and have a look at some tracks to the west of the campsite but as Sid and Paintman were out of action (slight injury incured on Sat) and JB was in S.Devon with Helen, I gave my map to the other two who headed out on their own.

We had a lovely walk of about 6 miles (very steep to start with) from Tarr Steps where we all had lunch to Dulverton.

Exmoor2012038.jpg

Exmoor2012039.jpg

Exmoor2012040.jpg

Exmoor2012041.jpg

Exmoor2012042.jpg

Exmoor2012043.jpg

Exmoor2012044.jpg

Exmoor2012045.jpg

Exmoor2012046.jpg

Exmoor2012047.jpg

Exmoor2012048.jpg

Exmoor2012049.jpg

After another nice evening in the pub it was cheese and biscuits around the fire :)

Exmoor2012051.jpg

Packed up this morning and got home to find Euan and his mate fast asleep in the lounge (still there) and everything is out of the car and put away. It was lovely to see everyone again and really great to make some new friends.

Thanks to Andy (Humbug) & Paula, Sue & Freddie, Rich & Sandy for the coffees, Richard (RD ) for driving us in his Landy on Sunday and everyone else who made it such a fun weekend.

:beerjug:

Nice pics. Looks like a great weekend.:beerjug:

Big thanks to Trippy for sorting out some great routes. My Zumo was replaced the week before the event and I forgot to save the various lanes I had bookmarked in my old unit.:(

Good routes and all passable on my old 1100.

Next weekend its off-road at Touratech followed the next weekend by GS Trophy. :)

:bow to the GSA rider :thumb

Just wait until he posts the videos from the Sunday :bow we did some really technical stuff, rocky climbs and descent's, trees blocking tracks and something that belonged on a trial and when i was struggling on my Xch Mikeyboy was falling off :D:D:D What was the GSA doing? Not even braking a sweat. :eek:

The paranoid part of my mind was thinking Trippy has set us up :eek:

Honestly had a fantastic day, well worth the visit :thumb2

The paranoid part of my mind was thinking Trippy has set us up :eek:

Honestly had a fantastic day, well worth the visit :thumb2

No not at all, I honestly haven't ridden any of them before, I just marked up what I could find on the map :D

I'll have a day out up there sometime and give them a go.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend.

I too wanted to add my thanks to Trippy for mapping out a brilliant ride on Saturday,:clap I really enjoyed it, there were some outstanding views from the moors looking towards the North Devon coast that I should have snapped but as usual didn't.:blast
Sorry if my off shortened the day, and thanks to Ian (GSA hero) for picking up my bike, my arm is swollen,bruised and sore but hopefully on the mend.
John.

I too wanted to add my thanks to Trippy for mapping out a brilliant ride on Saturday,:clap I really enjoyed it, there were some outstanding views from the moors looking towards the North Devon coast that I should have snapped but as usual didn't.:blast
Sorry if my off shortened the day, and thanks to Ian (GSA hero) for picking up my bike, my arm is swollen,bruised and sore but hopefully on the mend.
John.

Thanks John, and no you didn't shorten the day at all.
Nice to meet you John and hope it mends quickly.

John.

Well John,you will just have to get down here to Devon again to take some photos. Next time I promise not to take up your time fixing up my car. Thanks again for your excellent paint skills. [Fully see why he's called Paintman now.:)]

Ann was concerned about strange lumps on your arm, we hope you heal up OK.

Great weekend all round.:)

Cheers Jim, for a good rideout on some lovely lanes

Many thanks to Rich and Sandy for organisation of the whole thing, really enjoyed it - even though we were 'part-time'

Good to see everyone again:thumb

Yes, I had a brilliant time :JB Thanks Sid and Trrippy, and Rich for organising the whole thing. Tho I'd agree Sunday's off-road was a bit more "technical"!! Brought the GoPro with me then, so will sort out the clips and post 'em in a day or two.

Meantime, if anyone's interested, this is where we went. If we were anywhere we shouldn't have been, let me know and I'll remove :censor:

Attachments

• Exmoor Explorer 2012 off-road.gdb
    70.1 KB · Views: 185
Weather could have been better. :rolleyes:

Great weekend, good ramble, :hide and its great to see old friends (Eddie, Dan, Cal and Ash) and meet some new friends too.

Thanks to Rich (MMM) for his work organising the weekend. :thumb2

It was good to Jim (Trippy) and have a chat while hiking, MatKat and others who attended.

:thumb2

Cheers, :beerjug:

Rich.

Back
Top Bottom