STARTER MOTOR INFO

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking around for a starter for my 1150GSA and thought someone might find the info I'm finding useful, so I'll post it here as I dig it up :beerjug:

The OEM unit is a Valeo D6RA55, or D6RA75 , two models listed and they're interchangeable, but the 75 version (apparently) has more secure magnets.

Alternative part numbers from other manufacturers:
<table id="main"><tbody><tr><td>BMW 12412306700 </td> <td>Bosch SR5050N </td> <td>Delco RS41337 </td> <td>Iskra IS0790, IS9403 </td> <td>Paris Rhone D6RA55, D6RA75 </td></tr> <tr> <td>Valeo 186276, 187259, D6RA55, D6RA75 </td></tr></tbody></table>
The cheapest I've found them for is £80 plus shipping at the moment......There is another supplier that does them for £99 plus a tenner

You can also get most of the parts, including armatures, rebuild kits,solenoids and even the drive gear itself (which I've seen reported on some threads here as being unavailable as a separate part) from HERE

Unless I can find a better deal, I'll be ordering one of the brand new Valeos from Wood auto supplies in the morning (and I'll report back as and when it arrives etc), but to put it in perspective, the OEM replacement from Motorworks is £180 plus delivery and I've seen them from some companies at £300 plus.

Hope this helps someone :thumb2

EDIT......I had a quote for rebuilding for 60 quid a couple of days ago, but for the extra 20 quid for a brand new unit, I don't see the point.

Germany and Holland seem to be cheapest for Ebay sales of the same unit.....

LINKY (£73 quid plus £16 delivery)

parts for a starter

Oops, deleted, just noticed the "HERE" in the first post with the same.

KP

Update.......starter arrived this morning, now fitted to bike and it's working fine......the little locating stud on the lower part of the casing needed a bit of 'persuading' to go in :augie but it's spinning over fast as anything now :clap:clap

Thanks to Jez (Norfolk Tiger) for his assistance in getting one to me from Woods quickly :thumb

PS It came well packaged and although it obviously isn't a pukka valeo, it fits, it does the trick and at £100 less than the OEM, I'm a happy chappy :JB

Glad this is a sticky so i know where to look as mine seems a "little" sticky so if it goes....... ta :beerjug:

Worthwhile having a linky on this thread to MikeP's excellent tutorial on stripping down a starter, which you can find HERE :thumb2

Starter just died on my R1150RT.

Ordered one from Wood Auto NI.

£65 + VAT

Northern Ireland
Unit A1
20 Heron Road
Belfast
BT3 9LE
Tel: 028 9045 9080
Fax: 028 9045 1991

Thanks for the link.:thumb

Alex

Starter just died on my R1150RT.

Ordered one from Wood Auto NI.

£65 + VAT

Northern Ireland
Unit A1
20 Heron Road
Belfast
BT3 9LE
Tel: 028 9045 9080
Fax: 028 9045 1991

Thanks for the link.:thumb

Alex

Ill be contacting these guys on Monday - i work nearby too :thumb2

Oh dear, here we go again. A cheap Chinese starter motor is not really the answer and I find the price of a genuine Valeo, if such a thing really exists, to be a bit fruity.

Has anybody used one of these cheap copies? there is another thread on here somewhere that has had a bad experience with these, the casting at the nose end snapped clean off. A copy of a DR6A55 is just that, a copy of crap.

I was lucky and managed to buy a Mitsubushi replacement and it is really good, but at new prices, NOOOOOOO.

So who does a good replacement with spring clips on the magnets and a decent pinion gear, over to the experts or at least the more .experienced:beer:

One on Ebay looks like it might be decent and has the longer bendix assembly like a 75. item number 221204543628 phoenix marine.

Nippon Denso here.. and highly amused by the price these are selling for here in the UK.

I am really happy with my new starter (Anlasser) from ebay.de.
Works fine.
Two years, no problems.

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thats good for you. I would rather have a copy of a D6RA75 than a 55 if I wanted a copy. The bendix gear is different and the magnets have springs and are a better shape so they might stay glued on better.

At least we know an Anlasser is much better than a reconditioned motor and probably much cheaper. :beer:

Back
Top Bottom