First day meeting?

Joybringer

Reaction score
Just wondered - how many of us will meet at Folkestone/Calais to ride down the first day, and/or where will everyone else be starting in France/Belgium?

I'd be up for meeting in Folkestone saturday night for drinks/meal depending what time people are getting there?

booked on the "OMG its early" shuttle 07.20.... staying with a pal so will be buying them dinner somewhere on the sat night...
I am not an early riser;) plus I do tend to always be faffing about for ages getting ready to ride :blast so expect i will be getting there just in time,
so meet on the train, I guess?
Look out for an fjr1300....it could be me!

I will meet you on Sunday evening in the hotel.
Riding on Friday to Germany :ronno for the weekend and riding down to Belgium on Sunday after lunch. Long time since I rode 500 miles in one day :bounce1

booked on the "OMG its early" shuttle 07.20.... staying with a pal so will be buying them dinner somewhere on the sat night...
I am not an early riser;) plus I do tend to always be faffing about for ages getting ready to ride :blast so expect i will be getting there just in time,
so meet on the train, I guess?
Look out for an fjr1300....it could be me!
O7.20 to early for you !! and for the other problems you have.Im out of big group touring,but have a good one:thumb2

O7.20 to early for you !! and for the other problems you have.Im out of big group touring,but have a good one:thumb2

yep, thats an 06.50 latest checkin, plus travel time to the shuttle, might as well not bother going to bed...except I have trained myself over long hard years to stay in bed asleep as long as possible and certainly no earlier than 9.30 ish...........:D

I do sympathise with those who have to get up early to hold a job down,as long as they dont get all macho about it... just happy its not me having to do it,
funnily enough it will not be a challenge to get out of bed to go ride me bike in the dolomites etc:thumb2

I'm leaving on Wednesday! :blast

Quick trip around Germany waiting for you lot to catch up. :friday
I'll see you Monday night in the hotel for a meal :beer: (well that's my current plan anyway)

we will be in calais awaiting your arrival, i should have said to put somewhere on the sat nav to meet but just let us know of a good place to meet and a time :aidan

Wishing you guys and Gals a great trip. :beerjug::beerjug:

Mark , I hope you don't mind but Ive downloaded the route files and am going to do the trip myself leaving on or around the 10th of august ( a wee treat for my 40th ) . This will be my first major forray into Europe, other than Ieper & Verdun . So , thanks in advance for all your hard work, it really is very much appreciated .
Have fun and stay safe . :beerjug::beerjug: John

Back
Top Bottom