Mr & Mrs Den do France.

Close-up study of rare spotlight bracket in offroad spectacular

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OEk3PSg0D90" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Would you stand for this. NWS

Get her a posh hotel ... and this is what I get.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FZFtG1bkVRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well,... never got away with that video !!

Sorry, I was forced to remove that vid by a very disgruntled wife. Just because she let out a sweary word on it.
Women .. eh? You take them on holiday, drive them all around. Wine and dine them. But take the piss once eh?

Back to the holiday. If you are fed up with it, tell me. Seemingly, I cant read people very well.

Arrived at second gite in Montillot Burgundy. Bloody marvelous. Welcome pack of wine,butter,water,jam etc, and all oils,sauces,condiments, bog roll,shower gel and stuff. A home from home.
This is what Gites should all be like. Usually they are very nice, but lacking in the stuff needed for normal life and cooking.
Small village with pub two doors up and bakery and a small shop a few doors further up.
Unfortunately, the pub owners were on holiday, so it was closed. Bugger!

P1050009.jpg

From there we were close enough to Auxerre, Chablis, Avalon, Veselay etc to go exploring without too much effort.
Had to interrupt touring around to find and fit new rear brake pads and front tyre, both of which had mysteriously worn out during the last 4000 miles.
Thanks to Steptoe and Beetee for supplying info on nearest bmw dealer.

After a quick tyrectomy in the back garden (not easy after a bottle of Burundy) all was well with the world again.

P1050042.jpg

P1050041.jpg

Five days after, the empty wine bottles were getting embarrassing, so we removed them from the garden table and stacked them in a sober fashion on the radiator.
P1050116.jpg

Veselay is a charming wee village with shops and a church.

P1050065.jpg

P1050061.jpg

Continuing my combined hobbies of night time wine drinking and photography, I drank wine and photographised.... at night.
One must have alternative hobbies for these long summer evenings when motorbiking is impractical due to the lack of scenery

P1050084.jpg

P1050075.jpg

P1050069.jpg

Of course, even on holiday, the daily tasks have to be carried out, like shopping.

P1040991.jpg

And, of course, the un-ending search for giant red rhinos which have got themselves stuck in buildings in Avalon.

P1050109.jpg

But overall, this last week was for gentle touring and relaxation.

P1050101.jpg

But all too soon, the wind had changed and it was time to move on.
A month had came and went in a flash.

Dropped Louise off at Paris, and she was home before I reached my next hotel.
Night in Ghent, Lovely Ghent, and a short hop for an equally good night in Delft. Always a good stop if your heading back to Ijmuiden for the ferry. Like a mini Amdam without the whores. (think Ive said that before)

P1050165.jpg

P1050167.jpg

P1050155.jpg

And to the ferry. :(

I will stick more pics and videos on here when Ive found them all.

Thanks for watching.

Well up to standard, lovely wee tale and some great pics from Den and Louise's style of life

Video's some good - I'll comment on the other thread

Very good write-up, like that a lot.. :thumb

Will have to look up some of yer' other past offerings...

lovely wee tale and some great pics from Den and Louise's style of life

I thought we were normal. Its the rest of the world thats strange.

Will have to look up some of yer' other past offerings...

Thank you Mr gr8. Your welcome to browse my cellar. May I recommend you start with the 2006 vintage holiday report. A bit dusty, but its my favourite. :)

Very entertaining as always.

Thanks Den!:thumb2

Great stuff, I enjoyed that :thumb2

Your hotel in annecy .... I stayed there a couple of years back and parked my bike in exactly the same place :D

Woke up in the morning to find a market had moved in, they budged my bike over to make room and I was completely marooned until early afternoon :blast

004-1.jpg

I miss his posts ,, often had a fairly Unique view of things :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom