What's it all about?

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
2013 will be the fifth Airhead Weekend. For those that don't know what it's all about, I'll give a picture of the event.:) You can look at Past Events to get a flavour of the event.

SOCIAL
First of all it is a social event with the emphasis on good food, good booze and good friends.:friday:beerjug::beer::jager

AIRHEAD WORKSHOP
I am very lucky to have a massive fully equiped bike workshop with tools and facilities for doing most aspects of bike work. Most Airhead owners tend to do their own maintenence so this weekend is an ideal opportunity to share knowledge and experience. It is not a "get a free service" weekend. There will be people there to help you but you are expected to learn how to do things for future reference. Airheads will always be given priority but there is no reason why other bikes can't use the facilities if there is sufficient time.:) Saying that, I have four airheads at last count that all need a bit of fine tuning:)

WOODLAND ENDURO AND TRIALS
There is approximately 10 acres of woodland in which I have cut out an enduro course. A well ridden GS can make it around but you are welcome to bring more suitable enduro machery to thrash around it. I have a KTM 300EXC and a Honda CRF230 which can be borrowed. We also have numerous trials sections so again people are welcome to bring their own trials bikes or have a go on my Aprilia climber. We also have use of a Yamaha 660cc quad which can be used around the enduro course.
In the evenings, wildlife can be observed which includes foxes, badgers and deer. (and no Syco, you are not allowed to shoot them!).

FOOD
Worth coming just for this.:) The breakfasts are truly epic with only the finest ingredients of quality bacon and sausages from our local butcher. Eggs are free range from my own collection of hens.
Friday night we do a few mega curries with different strengths and flavours and even cater for the veggies with a separate non-meat option.
Saturday night is a decent BBQ with again only quality food.

BOOZE
We get in large amounts of the infamous Devon Winkerleigh Cider as made famous by Proff at many events in the past.:beer: For real ale drinkers we get at least one barrel (77 pints) of quality Piston Beer from the local micro brewery :beer: Lots of other alcohol is available including a glass of wine for the ladies.:D

RIDE OUTS
If you realy want to leave our place, then there are some excellent roads around here including Exmoor and Dartmoor. Last year a group rode over to Bude in Cornwall for ice-creams at the sea-side.

CAMPING
We have plenty of space on our top lawn and in the fields for camping. There are toilet facilities in the stable block and a good sized bathroom with large shower room at rear of house available 24 hours. We have limited bunk house beds available but these are allocated first to the more senior Airhead Owners on a first come basis.:rob. People are welcome to crash out in the workshop overnight if they prefer not to camp. Motorhomes are very welcome as are cars/vans/trailers etc. Electric hook up and water hoses available.

We are in North Devon about one hour north west of Jn 27 of M5. The event is signposted from the Union pub at Stibb Cross.

COSTS
We try to keep all costs to an absolute minimum as we are not a commercial enterprise and the intention is definitely not to make a profit. Any surplus on the event is donated to a local charity group who take severely handicapped people away on respite holidays. The prices will be held again and will be:

Camping per night £5 (NB this is to cover the costs of the hot water, ton of bog-roll and bleach following the curry:D, the use of the workshop and unlimited coffee/tea all day)
Breakfasts at £5 (better value than any similar breakfast at twice the price).
Evening Dinner £6

Cider/Beer/any other booze charged at just above cost eg £2.50 per pint for best quality beer/cider.

ELIGIBILITY
ALL are welcome. I really mean that. Please forget all the petty little disagreements on here during the flouncing season and all come together for a good old piss up.:D
You do not need to be over 50 and smell of wee:D Ownership of an Airhead is NOT compulsory but remember that most of the bikes and the conversation will be Airhead related.:). I don't want to put a limit on numbers as I want this fifth event to be the best ever. I sincerely hope that anyone and everyone who has attended over the last four years will be able to make this one and we hope to welcome many more new faces. The main limiting factor is simply the food production. We are a private house not a commercial premises so the food might not be "on demand" but certainly worth waiting for. Our resident Head Chef, Sumprat, will again be in charge of catering and he enjoys catering for the masses.

I think that covers most of the basics but please fire away if anyone has any questions.

I will take advance bookings with Paypal payments next Easter when we are nearer the time.

Feel free to express an "I'm in:thumb2" interest so we get a rough idea of the numbers.

Cheers

Sid

Morgan's birthday is on the 5th June, so this has always been out for me, however, as long as I can convince him to celebrate on the previous weekend this year then count me in :thumb2

I'll even bring my Airhead:thumb2

I visited the Airhead weekend 2012 for a night and had a great time. Even though I don't have an Airhead and arrived on a 1200 I was welcomed with open arms.

Can my Harley be counted as an "airhead"... technically it is:thumb2

. Our resident Head Chef, Sumprat, will again be in charge of catering and he enjoys catering for the masses.

Just as well I have put it in the diary :rolleyes:

I'll do the same as last year if that is OK; come down on the 31st May and return on the 10th of June. (I'll not request the holiday from work yet, so as to allow you to change the date closer to the time) :D

I see this is the week after half term. :thumb2

SumpRat

Now that my R1200GS (without radiators) is obsolete, I am sorely tempted to attend, mainly for the food/beer angle, with a passing interest in pulling things to bits and holding spanners for others.
This is of course assuming I am of suitable character.

:bow

Air cooled:thumb2

Twin cylinder:thumb2

Shaft drive:( Presume its belt?

Two out of three is good enough.:) You're in.:thumb2

Cheers Sid....:thumb2...like Mr k it's the food and drink I fancy....happy to help round the place as well!

I'll keep an eye on this one, as I'd like to attend more events next year.:thumb

Can I come please Sid. Tried to attend in the past but had to change plans.

I want/need an R100RS :tears

Ahoy... hopefully I'll have two fully kitted out airheads by then.... if not I'll pick one and drive it up anyway.

i've been to most of the past wee-kends, so it would seem rude not to come to this one ;)

Can I come please Sid. Tried to attend in the past but had to change plans.

I want/need an R100RS :tears

I was offered an excellent R100RS last week in Jersey. Its gold, 1978 with 70,000 miles, panniers, service history and UK tax paid. Let me know if you are interested. I know the guy who owns it and he wants £1,500 as that is what he recently paid for it but now wants something smaller to use in Jersey. I've already got a nice RS so didn't need another one but told him I might know someone else who might want it. I can easily collect it as I go over to Jersey regularly to see my family.

I have an arrangement with the dealers in Jersey that if they get offered an airhead in PX then they let me know.:)

Sid

With Greek Weddings out of the way and I should have recovered from a visit to Grantham Hospital by then so ........................ yes please Sid!

I'll see if I can get some panniers on the best Airhead too.

No airhead.
Might not even have a bike by the time of the event.
Hopefully I will have a watercooled four cylinder machine up and running, but it has four wheels.

But since the airhead ownership requirement has been lifted, I'm in, assuming nothing unexpected pops up in the interim. :D

Back
Top Bottom