VStrom Folder

Just purchased a 2004 K3, very very clean, one owner and just done 10k mls with a very comprehensive history.

Very comfortable, goes well, and suits me much more than the R1200ST which was killing my back and causing much discomfort to a hernia.

A bit of transmission lash around 3000rpm, but I can live with that.

I really would have preferred a K4, but the bike is in such lovely condition, and the deal was to tempting to turn down, plus I got a very nice lump of money my way.

Steve

Got a 2012 650. Tarn last year 2 up. Pyrenees this year 2 up.
Terrific bike.

Just had the clutch basket on my K3 modified. A bit pricey at £235 ( that's with me stripping and rebuilding) but it's transformed the bike.

I have a Tango K9 650 & a Ginger AL2 650
Great bikes, would set off round the world on the K9 tomorrow. (Vstrom thumbs up)

Got me a '64 plate 1K Strom a couple of months ago. Been waiting for a decent quantity of 2nd hand ones to become available - don't like giving more of my hard earned to the taxman than I have too ;).
Bike ticks a lot of the boxes I line up when looking for a bike - the main one being it's really good if it's a V-Twin.
Got the bike from a local dealer on Friday afternoon, did the NC500 that weekend on it :D

Have farkled it a bit since I got it, either 2nd hand or home made stuff.

This was me out this evening, testing the robustness of the home made sump guard :D

SteveT

:cool:

Just bought a 2017 650 base model. Bike had been registered by the dealer and then the first owner who had managed 115 miles in two years before realising it was too big. Bought it for touring as I'd bought a Turban last year and am keeping that. Love the 650 and the fact it doesn't ride or feel like a small bike. Probably the only bike we really need.

650 V Strom

I have a 2016 650 AL6.
Rode it down to Bordeaux & back in June.
Great all rounder, fantastic fuel economy, runs like a clock.
And as mentioned earlier, no electronic gizmo rubbish.

strom

got rid of my GS 700 in Dec 2016 and bought a new dl650. put MRA screen on and Givi luggage, lowered it. took it to Croatia 2017. dolomites 2018, and just returned from Spain. 13000 miles on the clock now. I always ride with pillion. plenty of power. good on fuel. very reliable. came with 3 years warranty. paid £5.999. on the road.
I would prefer a more powerfull back brake, I have changed the pads with no improvement. But really a very good bike. I don't like the look of the front end of the new ones.

got rid of my GS 700 in Dec 2016 and bought a new dl650. put MRA screen on and Givi luggage, lowered it. took it to Croatia 2017. dolomites 2018, and just returned from Spain. 13000 miles on the clock now. I always ride with pillion. plenty of power. good on fuel. very reliable. came with 3 years warranty. paid £5.999. on the road.
I would prefer a more powerfull back brake, I have changed the pads with no improvement. But really a very good bike. I don't like the look of the front end of the new ones.

the back brakes are better than the front ones.:D

brakes

my front brakes are really powerful. the back is ok but not as powerful as other bikes I own. when riding in heavy traffic and can't filter through I like to just use the back brake to stop and start, if you use front it is constantly diving.

my front brakes are really powerful. the back is ok but not as powerful as other bikes I own. when riding in heavy traffic and can't filter through I like to just use the back brake to stop and start, if you use front it is constantly diving.

No front end dive with the old oilhead.:D:beerjug:

Wee 650 - wee but spot on

Also a Dr Who's canine companion (K9) :p

Recently back from run down to Croatia and loved it. Two-up it's as comfy as airhead, not quite the character...but none of the foibles.

Brilliant motor, stunning slow speed running for the tricky off road bits - absolutely love that part of it, hate having to slip clutch on knarly stuff. Stunning brakes (only had airheads for years :D). Never going to fall in love with a chain mind :rolleyes:

Tweaking various things to prep for more significant travels.

Main reason for change was MPG - Wee will go 1.5 times (at least) round the world to BM 1 juice wise :thumb

Will dump my trip report on site in not too distant future - it's 'interesting' at times ;)

Attachments

• DSC_3991.jpg
    DSC_3991.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 539
I have two BMW's but have had seven in all. I have to say that the 650 Strom is, overall, much better than any of the BM's. Mine is a 2012 bike fully kitted with everything I need but nothing for show. Unfortunately I only had one full day riding it (eight hours on the bike) before lock down but, I couldn't fault it.

Also a Dr Who's canine companion (K9) :p

Recently back from run down to Croatia and loved it. Two-up it's as comfy as airhead, not quite the character...but none of the foibles.

Brilliant motor, stunning slow speed running for the tricky off road bits - absolutely love that part of it, hate having to slip clutch on knarly stuff. Stunning brakes (only had airheads for years :D). Never going to fall in love with a chain mind :rolleyes:

Tweaking various things to prep for more significant travels.

Main reason for change was MPG - Wee will go 1.5 times (at least) round the world to BM 1 juice wise :thumb

Will dump my trip report on site in not too distant future - it's 'interesting' at times ;)

i changed from a 09 gs to a 17 vstrom 650 and the only thing i don't like about the strom (apart from the chain) are the brakes. the rear is as good as the bmw but the front ones are shite in comparison. i think they are descibed as adequate which they are, just.

Back
Top Bottom