Show Us Your Sidecars.

Was out for a spin yesterday when I came across a couple and their two dogs in this.:)
It was fitted with an easy steer bracket which increases the front fork angle by 6*.
I've never heard of one before but he swears by it and says it's much better than a leading link set up.
A nice outfit but not really my taste. Oh and it's 7' wide.:eek:

Its called an EZ Steer, a replacement set of yokes( known as triple trees in the USA)which has a raked angle of, usually, 6 degrees more than the standard oem yokes. What that means is that the front wheel spindle is moved forward by about 2", thus reducing the trail, thus making the steering lighter.

Raked yokes are usually fitted for one, or both, of the following reasons: they allow the the original front end, forks and fender, etc to be kept, thereby keeping the original looks. Thats why they're popular on Goldwing and Harley sidecar outfits and trikes. The other, often the main, reason is that they are about a 3rd of the cost of leading links, and ,in truth, they do about a 3rd of what L/Ls do!

If anyone should tell you that raked yokes are as good, or better, than L/Ls, then they are talking crap. Look at any racing sidecar outfit, grass track, speedway, sidecarX and road racing, you wont find an outfit in any of those sports that use raked yokes, and for very good reasons.

Its called an EZ Steer, a replacement set of yokes( known as triple trees in the USA)which has a raked angle of, usually, 6 degrees more than the standard oem yokes. What that means is that the front wheel spindle is moved forward by about 2", thus reducing the trail, thus making the steering lighter.

Raked yokes are usually fitted for one, or both, of the following reasons: they allow the the original front end, forks and fender, etc to be kept, thereby keeping the original looks. Thats why they're popular on Goldwing and Harley sidecar outfits and trikes. The other, often the main, reason is that they are about a 3rd of the cost of leading links, and ,in truth, they do about a 3rd of what L/Ls do!

If anyone should tell you that raked yokes are as good, or better, than L/Ls, then they are talking crap. Look at any racing sidecar outfit, grass track, speedway, sidecarX and road racing, you wont find an outfit in any of those sports that use raked yokes, and for very good reasons.

Ah, that's interesting, cheers :)

I have a modified lower yoke on my 1150GS outfit (bought like that) and it's honestly the best set up/handling outfit I've ever had, and I've had a few. Maybe they work a lot better with a telelever front end?

Having said that, I'm obviously a bit weird as I'd prefer a well set up standard front end to leading links any day (and yes I know we've had this discussion before ;)).

Andres

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_102509870_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210718_102509870_HDR.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_20210718_102523181_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210718_102523181_HDR.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 378
my new outfit,

great fun

Attachments

• IMG_1494.jpg
    IMG_1494.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1497.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 255
one more

one more

Attachments

• IMG_1488.jpg
    IMG_1488.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 258
Very nice

Is the 2wd still selectable?

I had an early 2wd one with the chair on the other side, unfortunately it was written off

great fun

The Sidecar guys were doing a Ural passenger ride on the ABR off road course two weeks ago. I had a run in the sidecar and it was great fun. The Ural really attacked the hill and the sidecar was remarkably comfy given the terrain.

Zeus

Zeus outfit spotted at the TT this year

Attachments

• Zeus 1.jpg
    Zeus 1.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Zeus 2.jpg
    Zeus 2.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Zeus 3.jpg
    Zeus 3.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Zeus 4.jpg
    Zeus 4.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 134
One more

Last photo

Peugeot 206 engine

Attachments

• Zeus 5.jpg
    Zeus 5.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 132

Would love one of these, I could not justify a new one but they seem to be like rocking horse sh*t.

You bike looks fantastic

I had a great weekend with Tarka a couple of years ago, giving me a weekend of the loan of his bike, lessons and lodgings, top man

How’s the reliability been? Where do you go for updates/FUel Injection tweets? Now Dave Angel won’t touch the new ones I just wondered. Lovely looking bike and not many two wheel drive left hookers about I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom