Classic Motorcycling camping weekend Friday 28th and Saturday 29th June 2013

Interested

Hi

Please put me down for interested, been on this site a few years but never been to any events.

Its a new years resolution to do different things !!

Regards

Mike

Hi

Please put me down for interested, been on this site a few years but never been to any events.

Its a new years resolution to do different things !!

Regards

Mike

I have added your name Mike, it would be good if you can make it :thumb2

I have had a good look around the site and it is superb. Great views over the countryside to the sea. A footpath travels down to the sea if anyone likes walks.

005.jpg

We will have our own designated camping/caravanning area with great modern facilities.

041.jpg

There are play areas on site if anyone wants to bring family along and we have access to Bars, restaurant (including takeaways) and also use of a pool in Penstowe Manor alongside the campsite for anyone interested.

007.jpg

The toilets and showers are modern and clean alongside the camping area.

Just need some sunshine now :)

Attachments

• 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 379
  • Pentire-Haven-131.jpg
    Pentire-Haven-131.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 376
  • Pentire-Haven-140.jpg
    Pentire-Haven-140.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 379
  • Pentire-Haven-144.jpg
    Pentire-Haven-144.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 378
GSER Fish & Chips

I have a Fish and Chip shop in Mawgan Porth just North of Newquay and about 43 miles from the campsite. Would be thrilled to welcome GSER to drop in from the rally.
We are located on the sea front in a beautiful bay, next door to a pub so great fish and chips and excellent beer to wash it down, and huge car park to park up in. Be great to see you guys if you can make it.

I have a Fish and Chip shop in Mawgan Porth just North of Newquay and about 43 miles from the campsite. Would be thrilled to welcome GSER to drop in from the rally.
We are located on the sea front in a beautiful bay, next door to a pub so great fish and chips and excellent beer to wash it down, and huge car park to park up in. Be great to see you guys if you can make it.

The ride outs aren't sorted yet so calling in might be an option if we end up down your way JMG.

Booking made today. The prices are much lower than what I expected for this time of the year. Mind you, there is an additional discount of £5.00 on top of the one Devon has kindly negotiated if you book and pay well in advance. :thumb2 More beer money say I. :beerjug:

By coincidence, it seems a small Vintage Car Club (a group of about 12-ish) have also booked into the campsite for the same weekend. They are nothing to do with our Classic event but it will probably add to the atmosphere of the weekend :)

I am starting to sort out the ride out.

The local Holsworthy Vintage rally is taking place the same weekend and I have arranged to arrive at the Vintage Rally about 2.30pm and park our bikes in the M/C section so people can then leave their machine on display and wander around the show for a couple of hours before heading back to the campsite about 10 miles away for Saturday evening.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holsworthy-Vintage-Rally/175402695871638?sk=photos_stream

It's a nice little show but there are plenty of other places to visit for anyone not interested in old cars, steam engines, country crafts etc

hvr2.jpg

Not long now.

I expect to have about 30 or 40 people at the weekend which is a nice size crowd. There might be a few more turn up as the event is quite well advertised around the area and there appears to be a fair bit of interest plus I advertised in a couple of monthly Classic bike mags under Events in June.

The ride out will be west along the Cornish coast (Widemouth bay, Crackington Haven, Tintagel) and then back around to The Holsworthy Vintage Show. People not interested in the show would do worse than to carry on to Hartland Quay.

Just need some sunshine now :D

Just realised my scruffy old Africa twin is now a classic according to your rules, will get booked asap.

Back
Top Bottom