►►► The Perfection Of An Icon – The All-New R 1200 GS.

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
<iframe name="cwindow" style="border:0" width=800 height=600 src="http://www.ukgser.com/lc1200gs.htm"></iframe></div>​

bmwsmall.jpg
BMW Motorrad
United Kingdom

THE PERFECTION OF AN ICON – THE ALL-NEW R 1200 GS.

For 32 years, the BMW Motorrad GS has been defining and dominating the segment of travel enduros. No other motorcycle is such an uncompromising embodiment of freedom and adventure, reliability and riding dynamics, and ultimately pure riding pleasure both on and off the road. BMW Motorrad is now embarking on the next chapter of its success story – with the new R 1200 GS.

This was not an easy task for the developers and engineers at BMW Motorrad. How can you improve on a living motorcycle legend and a travel enduro that is already outstanding to start with? However, through a continuous drive for refinement and evolution, the hard work has paid off. The result: the perfection of an icon.

At first glance, the new R 1200 GS too is a genuine GS: robust, dynamic, and full of character. Virtually all surfaces were revised, and all materials provided with a better finish. The two-cylinder opposed twin engine merges harmoniously into the unmistakable GS flyline.
A new feature for the R 1200 GS is the water-cooled boxer engine. This has allowed us to sculpt revolutionary vertical contours – a masterpiece of lightness and aerodynamics. With its 125 hp (92 kW) and 125 Nm torque, the two-cylinder opposed twin engine promises power in every situation. Based on a new concept of combined air and liquid cooling and vertical flows through the cylinders, the engine operates efficiently, reliably, and with high torques at all times. Further improvements like the new wet clutch with anti-hopping feature and the electromotive throttle actuator E-Gas make the opposed twin engine the perfect drive solution at the heart of the new R 1200 GS.

The field potential of the new R 1200 GS was further expanded with a new, more rigid main frame and suspension elements mounted on a stiffer bearing. Also improved were the Paralever and Telelever for perceptibly better GS riding precision. The more sensitive response now gives the rider much greater feedback on uneven roads.
The standard model here in the UK comes complete with ABS, handguards and pannier fastenings. A range of optional extras are also available including cruise control, Enduro Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA), Heated Handlebar grips and Automatic stability control (ASC).

Here in the UK, we offer a special R 1200 GS ‘Touring Edition’, which comes standard with all of the features above, and more. Please see the R 1200 GS TE model page for further information, or visit the R 1200 GS ‘Prices & Specification’ page for a full list of options on the standard model. We will also launch a special R 1200 GS Enduro edition which will include cross spoke wheels, cruise control and Enduro ASC as standard.

specification.gif

technical.gif

The little extras.
All the downloads for your wheels.

Check out the various products in our archive. Want wallpaper for your desktop? Or perhaps a screensaver? Or are you looking for the highest quality low-down? All this and our most current info-sheets with all the details. We also provide entertainment - breathtaking films and sound effects to set your pulse racing. So, what are you waiting for?

For more information on the full BMW Motorrad model range visit www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk or call 0800 777 155.​

Is BHT on commision by any chance? :rob

ive had 3 now and had problems with them all, including my new one.new mastercylinder etc . went back yesterday now fitting new clutch,i asked why, they said maybe it was
just a bad clutch,
17000 mls bit shit .thank fuck it is under warrenty
paint came of the engine on my 2013 model they tried to blame me,untill I found others. 1500 mls
paint came of frame 2010 model blamed me again,they did nothing to help me
BMW SHOULD PUT THERE HANDS UP AND FIX THE PROBLEMS
they advertise one world on there ads,how come the bike warrenty does not cover the world,

Back
Top Bottom