"Full Bore" Korean trail tyres

Oliwoof

Reaction score
Just bought a rear tyre for my Tiger namely a "Full Bore" Adventure Sport Trail Master made in Korea, why? Cause it was cheap! Anyone else tried them? Cost me 80 euros from pneus online. Looks impressive but time will tell.......
Normally get 6k out of Tourances, if this lasts the same time and grips as well I'll be well satisfied.

Cheers Phil
Pyrenees Motorcycle Tours
ride the best roads

Attachments

• tyre.JPG
    tyre.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 448
Good looking tyre and pattern :thumb2

Looks a bit like it's half way between a K60 scout and a Tourance EXP.....Please do follow up on the longevity and grip, I reckon there will be a lot of peeps interested in this :clap

I've just subscribed to a thread for the first time in eight years :thumb2

Phil.....Potentially this is a great spot, flagging up these tyres, but it's an odd section of the forum to post it in :nenau

Maybe a Mod could work out a better place for it?

(no, I can't be arsed to suggest one......:rob)

Update on the tyres!

No problem with the grip wet or dry, have never given me a 'moment'.

BUT alarmed at the wear rate! I started off with 8mm and 1447 miles later I'm down to 4mm in the centre giving me a theoretical life of about 2500 miles, which is perhaps acceptable on a sports bike, but not on anything else.

Will probably get a lot more wear out of the edges because normally around the mountains they go before the centre so time will tell, but as I have said before not a good start. :(

Cheers, Phil
ride the best roads

"Full Bore" worn out

Well the Full Bores are off and disappointingly only did 2978 miles. Had no issues with grip in the wet or dry and for those that like to explore the outer edges of their tyres I had difficulty reaching that point. They seem to be deeper than a Tourance because I was touching the foot pegs without getting near to that point. On the Tourances both limiting factors occur at the same time.

So perhaps they have the advantage over the Tourance on this point.

The replacement tyre, another Tourance, has now done 3589 miles and has 3mm tread left in the centre so time will tell if the Full Bores are as bad as I initially thought. One big difference with the usage that the two tyres have had is that at start of our season, when the Full Bores were fitted, we had a run of wet and cold weather so a lot of miles were done in the middle of the tread whereas normally I can use all of the tyre and wear them out evenly.

Cheers, Phil
ride the best roads

Attachments

• tyre.jpg
    tyre.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 212

Back
Top Bottom