Santander - Malaga on a 1976 Bultaco Matador MK 9

i-LWfXhf4.jpg

Are you alone on the boat?

:nenau

Not far off I would say 10% ocupanceey
or half an Egyptain Hotels worth

have they got enough wheel chocks on that bike...:D

only if Rolf Harris turns up in the middle of the night looking for Lurve....!

Had to jumpup and down as the guy wound it down so hard the stand started to bend, so another seaman came across and assisted the way you see it now

you jumped up and down and loads of seamen turned up...? what heck kinda a boat are you on....?

dyslexia can be very disturbing at times....:eek:

What a fantastic site the Sun going down, Sunset I have never see a Sunset for a ferry before its a shame I left my camera in my room, ah everytime theres a shot the thing is not with me.

I would love to be able to explain in a artistic type way the site, water horizion and dipping Sun, or is it the Moon on its the Sun its orange and big and at the moment seemingly floating 3 miles away, Im sure its further away than that.

Its almost gone now, I would like to wave as its like a old friend disserpering into the far way horizion.

Must be time they turned this table around.

Its gone

...........................................and that was the last that anyone heard from Steve Burbige, masterba<strike>t</strike>ker :(

Until next time :D

Go Bakes :clap:clap

I may have missed Sunset but I am never going to miss Sun rise, up with the Chefs that are filling shelfs not in baseball caps but in the full french kitchen gear.

What on earth were the French thinking when they let in Mc Donalds, the least they could have done was put in a national law to make Mc Donalds staff wear the proper clothing.

i-ZPVgQZr.jpg

i-gmXqfNK.jpg

i-B4v6352.jpg

Attachments

• P1050182.JPG
    P1050182.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 539
Hitting the Vina Real Crrianza 2009, just pointed at the Landlords bottle under the bar, anyway, I left the Port of Santander at about 4.30 straight on to the N 632 if you are able to ever ride this road forget the PICOS.

Santander to Burgos has got to be the greatest motorcycle road in the World and Im on a bloody 2 stroke 35 year old Spanish bike, that must have been passed today by 300 1200cc GS BMWs.

But what an experience. Something you'll look back on with pride and delight in the years to come, no doubt about it.

Where ever I park the bike is surounded, even tonight parked at the back of the Hostal all the talk in the bar is about 1970s spanish motorbikes, 4 times now I have had to go out and lift the cover.

I have been shown scares on wrists legs and arms and pointed to numerours folks to take outside to start it up.

So I have to post the enevertable food photo at least you havent had 10 boring mountain photos

i-TDxZBmq.jpg

The Boss has just asked me if its OK if he smokes indoors, after telling the waitress whome is about 20 blonde and in the tightest Spandex pants I have ever seen, to feed me with the HOUSE SPECEALITYS, again the camera is in my room.

Not for the food but for the waitresses arse that seems to be just about 1 inch wider eiether side from perfect.

Anyhow, Im really not sure that I am going to finish this ride, I looked down at the GPS thinking I was half way to BURGOS and had only traveled 7 kilometers from Santander, with another 150 kilometers to go.

It vibrates like nothing on earth, but the reseption the bike gets as I ride through villages with folks shouting BULTACO is well worth it, as I got off the ferry some 10 workmen stoped talking turned and shouted with real gusto. BULTACO BULTACO

Timogra I have sent you a picture of sed arsev please post

As for the petrol can, I left it at home as to save weight, and the first road I ride I go on to reserve and into panic mode as Im in the middle of no where for a good 10 miles.

So I have bought a 3rd can now, leaving 2 back home I can see Sunday tomorrow as being a no petrol day in these N numbered roads.

Oh and I have melted my VISA dept card, against the exgsust box, its well bent

i-WzL4gCf.jpg

It vibrates like nothing on earth, but the reseption the bike gets as I ride through villages with folks shouting BULTACO is well worth it, as I got off the ferry some 10 workmen stoped talking turned and shouted with real gusto. BULTACO BULTACO

Pulltarko in spanish means an "old wanker". :D

N 632 if you are able to ever ride this road forget the PICOS.

Santander to Burgos has got to be the greatest motorcycle road in the World

Agree Steve, absolutely loverly road and well worth the run to down to Burgos (great city as well for an overnight)
:clap respect to you for the journey on the 'Bultaco' - you will know you've done in when completed, but worth it (in memory to your dad) :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom