Wander - Second May Bank holiday 27 May - Provisional date

Wapping

Reaction score
If Harlequins DO or DO NOT reach the finals of the Aviva Championhip, I will probably have a spare long weekend (or a couple of days) on 25, 26 and 27 May...... So we might as well go and Wander

The alternatives are:

(1) IF THEY DO REACH THE FINAL

We can go Sunday 26 May returning Monday 27 May. Two days away, early train Sunday morning at around 07:40 returning Monday evening at about 18:30.

Probably repeating the good 'Begineers' Wander we enjoyed last weekend. Don't worry the roads are great and suitable for anyone.

(2) IF THEY DON'T REACH THE FINAL

We can go Saturday 25 May returning Monday 27 May. Three days away, early train Saturday morning at around 07:40 returning Monday evening at about 18:30.

Probably going to either the Ardennes or Dijon, either will offer good riding.

I will probably book myself train tickets for option B (three days away) fairly soon, hopefuly amending them to suit a two day jaunt depending on how Harequins progress towards the final.

What more?

1. Open to anyone who can do BOTH options, I would rather avoid bods who can only do the two day option. In short, both options or nothing. It will make organisation so much easier and save me running two or more lists.

OPEN TO SUBSCRIBERS ONLY.... Only because I may need to PM you, rather than relying on posts in this thread.

2. We will not know whether 'quins have reached the final until after their play-off game on either Saturday or Sunday 11 - 12 May. Nothing I can do about it before then. Even then whether we go for two or three days will depend on what hotel options I can get. It really is up in the air at the moment.

3. Where will be staying? I have no idea, not least as I don't know where or exactly when we'll be going.

4. How many bikes? A MAXIMUM of six including me. I have to put the limit in or it makes room booking too much of a lottery. As it is, I have no idea where we are going, so have no idea what rooms I can find.

5. First come first served basis. Please flag up interest in this thread only (NO PM's) telling me what room you would like (single, double) and most importantly whether you are happy to share. I will then see what I can do.

6. Everyone will have to be suitably relaxed about what we end up with. I can't predict the future or even guarantee that I can get a room for everyone. As soon as I have any more news I'll let you all know. First thing will be to book MY train ticket.... I will ping up the train times later this week.

Richard

Richard,

Please reserve a place for me and (the venerable) Mrs Brenchleyhibs - a double room please. Particularly if you can organise similar wonderful weather as you did this past Wander!

We can manage option (1) or (2).

Cheers,
Andy :thumb

I have booked my train tickets:

OUT: Friday 24 May - Departure time 07:43

RETURN: Monday 27 May - Departure time 18:50

I booked the three day option as it's probably easier to rebook (shorten) the booking to a Sunday than extend the booking into a Bank Holiday Monday.

I have chosen our regular 07:43 train for the journey out, opting to return on a slightly later train 18:50 as it gives us a bit more flexibilty.

Richard

CORRECTION AND UPDATE!

I have found out that the trains are chockerblocked full on the Saturday morning!

I have amended my booking to be:

OUT: Friday 24 May - Departing 20:13

BACK: Monday 27 May - Departing 18:50

It will mean a late'ish arrival in France, so I will make a provisional booking for a hotel ASAP. Probably the Ibis in St Omer.

Richard

I have contacted three hotels, looking to make provisional reservations covering all the options.

Hi Richard,
Can you slot me in for this jaunt. Back is looking better by the day so should all be good.
A single would be good but happy to share if it makes life easier.

Kevin

Provisional hotels reserved for Friday and Sunday nights.

Just waiting to hear about the Saturday night option hotel.

---------------

Wapping

Les Brenchleyhibs

Kev B

Progress of a sort.

I now have rooms reserved for all the options.

So that's as much as I can do for now. Everything rests on how Harlequins fare in their progress through the Championship title play-off stages.

Either way, we'll be Wandering somewhere.... Just not sure when or where :D

Rooms booked for:
Wapping
Brenchleyhibs
Kev B

Spare rooms available are:

One twin

One double

Richard by chance I shall be going over on the Friday evening 17:36 train and staying at the Ibis St Omer and then meeting Nigel NCP Saturday morning for a leisurely run up to Bouillon to meet the usual reprobates. If you don't mind perhaps we can meet up for dinner/beer etc? Maybe combine the run? Which hotel did you book?
Regards Brian.

Hi Brian,

A fine and cunning plan.... But......

In the end I booked hotels near Dijon and a fallback in Boulgne.

I don't think our paths will cross, I'm afraid.

Richard

Not likely to be anywhere near Bethune on the Sunday afternoon/evening are you?

Saturday's matches reconfirmed that 'quins will play Leicester at Welford Road next Saturday, the winner going through to the final on Saturday 25 May.

So our eventual departure day and time away over the Bank Holiday still hangs in the balance.

More updates once we are past 11 May.

Richard

Richard,

Just to confirm I'm booked out on 24th 20.13 and back on 27th 18.50

I can alter depending on the 'quins' game.

Kev :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom