The Charity

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Three really great bits of news concerning the charity that we support with this event:). It is a local group who provide social care for profoundly disabled people (both physical and mental) and enable them to have a fantastic holiday and give their regular carers a break.

1. The group usually meet on the second Saturday of each month and Ann and myself have been roped in to helping them out:rolleyes:. Obviously we will be busy in June so we wouldn't be able to attend their meeting. Therefore I suggested that they might like to come and join us here on the Saturday afternoon at their usual time of 2.30 to 4.30pm. I'm sure that our resident chef, Sumprat,will be happy to feed them all prior to the main evening BBQ. It will be similar arrangement as Bakerman has with his local Gateway Club at Hograost. It will only be about a dozen people and you never know they might be able to offer some insights into Airhead servicing.:D At least the smell of Wee will go unnoticed.:D

2. Secondly, I will be able to get Barclays Bank to match each pound for pound we raise. This means that for every pound we raise at this event, £2 will go directly to the charity with NOTHING deducted for admin costs etc. Considering that some charitees take a large slice as admin fees, I think this is an important issue.

3. Last year the Charity was badly ripped off by Momentum Coaches who took £500 from the Charity and then demanded an extra £995 only four days before the trip. The Charity had no chance of finding an extra £995 so had to cancel the booking. The company then refused to refund a single penny. After a year of fighting the company, I have sucessfully sued them and today received a cheque from them for £612.92 being the full amount paid, plus interest, plus court costs. The various little old ladies who run the Charity all screamed for joy today when I told them I had finally recovered the money.:) The moral of the story is don't try to rip me off, as I never give up and I always get even in the end.

Just opened a nice bottle of bubbly to celebrate:jager

I'm sure that our resident chef, Sumprat,will be happy to feed them all prior to the main evening BBQ.

Sid, It will be an honour to serve such a great bunch of people. :bow

After a year of fighting the company, I have successfully sued them and today received a cheque from them for £612.92 being the full amount paid, plus interest, plus court costs.

Well done. And they actually paid up :D

My train tickets have arrived. Minor result, manage to get them for less than £50 :thumb2

There is an art to buying train tickets, especially online.
Oddly it is often cheaper to buy two singles than a return.
The variation in cost of the same journey but at a different time is huge. Reading to Barnstaple can be as little as £18 or as much as £30 :nenau
It is all down to the number of seats allocated for APEX and the likelihood of it being sold quickly. A 0730 train is cheaper than a 0935 train.

Sorry I'm rambling :blast

I have received confirmation today from Barclays that they will match the fundraising on a £ for £ basis:thumb

So simply put, for every pound we make for the local charity, Barclays will donate another pound.

We have already raised over £50 from the Olive Oil sale,so that will be doubled up to over £100.:) :thumb

Many thanks for everyone who has/will help to make this a success.

Heard today from the charity that 24 people are turning up next Saturday.:eek:

Should be great fun. Sumprat will feed them all mid afternoon.

They are an amazing group of people and will definitely help make itan amazing Wee kend. :)

Back
Top Bottom