Roll off rattle

shakey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone help with this.

My wife's 800 tiger has an annoying but rather disturbing rattle. It only happens when your rolling off the throttle, slowing down.

It sounds like the exhaust is loose but I've checked and its not. I have heard of others that have experienced the same problem but no one has identified what causes it.
I've heard it explained at gasses in the catalytic converter but that seems too daft.

Any ideas?

Can anyone help with this.

My wife's 800 tiger has an annoying but rather disturbing rattle. It only happens when your rolling off the throttle, slowing down.

It sounds like the exhaust is loose but I've checked and its not. I have heard of others that have experienced the same problem but no one has identified what causes it.
I've heard it explained at gasses in the catalytic converter but that seems too daft.

Any ideas?

The Tiger 800 exhaust does pop back on the overrun, (BMW F800GS does as well), and it may be that the rattle could just be loose baffles within the silencer only noticeable when off the throttle.

The rattling your hearing is the CAT. If your bikes still under warranty, the noise is excessive and you complain about it they will replace it.

I was changing loads even with just a little noise when i was still working at triumph but then they changed and said what i wrote above.

Back
Top Bottom