cylinder head

Looks like triumph haven't changed then
Had my 4000 mile tiger 955 rebuilt under warranty a year old, burnt more oil than my lc's :blast

It's about too next month, change head & main stand at the factory. Bike goes in Sat morning back the following Saturday. They have also given me the choice of loan bikes, quite fancy one of the new 675 Daytona's, I had the previous model and loved it, the new one is supposedly even better. or a Speed Triple, I have always enjoyed those. AJ

I telephoned my dealer today, asked about this and within five minutes he called me back and asked me to get the bike into him next week so it can go back to the factory for the new head!

Simple, no dramas, no having to wait several weeks for the Manufacturer to consider the issue............. :augie

The bike has been brilliant and faultless, even this issue was not a concern to me, but I wanted the work done so that it would not be a factor when it comes time to sell...

Looked at one of these last week in a non franchise dealer then heard of this issue so killed any chance of a deal for me.
Valve guides apparently :nenau

Looked at one of these last week in a non franchise dealer then heard of this issue so killed any chance of a deal for me.
Valve guides apparently :nenau

What is the problem, Triumph are sorting any problems FOC, buying from a non franchised dealer would not effect any warranty work. I have to say Triumph have always been fair and acted in a way that would be totally alien to BMW. AJ

Its a problem with the Cam buckets
I bought one 3 weeks ago took it to my local Triumph dealer to have the service light turned off and was told it would need to go to Hinkly for a new head and while it was there it would get a new shaft drive, and Cntr stand !! the work would take 5 weeks so I was told

The bike was traded in for a Crosstourer yesterday screw loosing it for the rest of the summer !!!
Im no Beta Tester had my share of that when the 1200GS came out !!

I must add though what a crackeing bike did everything very well

Hi,

The five week wait is not due to the time required to do the work it is due to getting in the queue - I had the same.

'Yes bring it in next week, and we will send it off. Your slot is not until july 15th!'

I declined as I am in Germany, they are now going to reschedule for later in July when I am back. The work is all done within five working days, it is just a question of timing making sure the bike is at the factory ready for when your slot is.

I can't fault the service thus far. As for the bike I still think it is a cracking bike really capable in all areas.

:thumb

My bike was done 2 weeks ago, new head, final drive housing, main stand and gear leaver adjusted, now dramas from Triumph, only waited 2 weeks from booking then got it back in 5 days from factory with an extended warranty of 1 year on the engine, great service, also well done Triumph and also Stratstone Leicester for sorting it all out.

Rightly or wrongly I bailed and traded it for a Crosstourer, albeit 3 dealers would not even offer a trade in price because of the head work, one said that even if it had the work done they wouldnt as once the word is out the bike could sit in the showroom for months!! not sure about that but I wasnt going to take the chance, the Honda has a 3 Yr warrantee with the option to extend it to 4 or 5 now that must say something about the confidence they have in there product so I went with that
its a real nice bike so well happy with it

(For the next week) lol :thumb

What is the problem, Triumph are sorting any problems FOC, buying from a non franchised dealer would not effect any warranty work. I have to say Triumph have always been fair and acted in a way that would be totally alien to BMW. AJ

That is very funny!!:D

Explain !!!!

You said that Triumph were behaving in a way that was totally alien to BMW and I thought that was funny. Triumph are not noted for good customer service when it comes to warranty claims and their reputation is pretty patchy in that respect. The experience of many is they will do their utmost to wriggle out of warranty claims, especially in relation to corrosion.

You said that Triumph were behaving in a way that was totally alien to BMW and I thought that was funny. Triumph are not noted for good customer service when it comes to warranty claims and their reputation is pretty patchy in that respect. The experience of many is they will do their utmost to wriggle out of warranty claims, especially in relation to corrosion.

I'm happy to relay that your information is out of date. Triumph have been replacing items on the Explorer that people haven't even asked to be done while it's back at the factory! Even down to complete new silencers where the stainless cover had been slightly discoloured, or new centre stands where the paint has been lightly stone chipped! Bikes have even been coming back full of fuel!

Back
Top Bottom