West Kerry Spring Adventure

Looks like we could be tempted to head across and meet all you nice people after all. Count us in.

Can anybody recommend accomodation? Any chance we can just turn up and hope to find somewhere? If not, we have got tents and can find a campsite.

Thanks....

... for the info.

I'm off to the Post Office tomorrow (might ask them about Whatton's gloves that haven't turned up yet!)

Looking forward to meeting everyone - I'll PM those who I've already arranged to meet up with on the way over there.

See you next week

sherpa;)

Re: BRANDON

P.J. said:
....anyone planning to climb Brandon?

How long a climb is it? Could it be done late afternoon/evening after a ride out and still leave time for a pint? I'd be interested.

Re: Re: BRANDON

andres said:
How long a climb is it? Could it be done late afternoon/evening after a ride out and still leave time for a pint? I'd be interested.

....or as part of a ride out? No problem, give all your gear to 'Sherpa' to schlepp it up the mountainside.

Re: Re: Re: BRANDON

andres said:
....or as part of a ride out? No problem, give all your gear to 'Sherpa' to schlepp it up the mountainside.

Cheeky Fecker!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

CLIMB

Brandon - 950m/3127ft - not an afternoon stroll, but you'll feed the rat & merit a jar.

Re: CLIMB

P.J. said:
Brandon - 950m/3127ft - not an afternoon stroll, but you'll feed the rat & merit a jar.

....and sleep chin on a rope afterwards?

Just remembered to dig out my phrase book before leaving for the ferry.

Look forward to meeting you all:beerjug:

WARNING

Batten the hatches, pull up the drawbridge & lock up the daughters; whole load-a GS hoors descending on the Dingle Peninsula the weekend.

Is there camping with facilities in Cloghane. facilities being running warm water and latrine

CAMPING

Some time since I was down that way, but there was camping available in the sloping field behind the pub. Dunno if that still holds.

West Kerry Adventure

Well that was a FANTASTIC weekend - well done to The Kerry Man (Tim the Yank!)

how's this for the back garden of the accomadation

Attachments

• back garden.jpg
    back garden.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 321
West Kerry Adventure

Tim organised a couple of ride outs

Can you ever get bored of this sort of scenery around just about every bend.

The single tracks roads keep you focused though

Attachments

• view.jpg
    view.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 330
West Kerry Adventure

Lunch at the Brandon cottage was excellent - especially as we rode over a single cart width pack horse bridge to get right to the door

Attachments

• brandon lunch.jpg
    brandon lunch.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 334
West Kerry Adventure

Some didn't make the bends on the narrow passes

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 331
West Kerry Adventure

There are 2 pubs next dooor to Ingo's hostel - both with equally mad Irish hosts!

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 325
West Kerry Adventure

The atmosphere and company kept us all going well into the early mornings

Julie and Lynn were still very lively at 1.00am

Attachments

• girls.jpg
    girls.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 326
West Kerry Adventure

Tim organised some friends to serve us a Moroccan feast on the Saturday night. The cook, Jaz, used to be a teacher at my senior school in Sheffield nearly 25 years ago - small world eh?

Attachments

• meal.jpg
    meal.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 309
West Kerry Adventure

I'm sure I speak for all who were there when I say a big thank you to The Kerry Man for his efforts over the weekend.

One of the group was Josh Hogan - an American lad in his early 30's who is on his way around the world on an 1150 GS.

A truly nice fella and I for one wish him all the best in his travels - I'm sure he'll remeber the young Irish lass he met with "wonderful blue eyes"

Josh you're such a loser! NOT (said in an american drawl)

Have a look at his website www.ridingtheglobe.com

Sherps ;)

Don't forget Ireland's answer to Swampy....

Attachments

• swampy.jpg
    swampy.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 309

Back
Top Bottom