West Kerry Spring Adventure

The Kerry Man

Where: The Village of Cloghane (pop 200) sits right on Brandon Bay at the end of the Dingle Peninsula in Kerry. With Irelands second highest mountain rising behind and the bay below it is one of the most pristine villages in Ireland. One of the best Hostels on the island is booked for the second weekend in June. Meticulously maintained by a German GS rider it has accommodation for 40 along with a shop/cafe and a great pub next door. From here it is 8 miles over the highest pass in Ireland to Dingle, then unlimited possibilities for riding in South Kerry/West Cork with Irelands highest mountains and stunning coastline. This area has some of the most stunning scenery in Europe on absolutely brilliant GS roads....not to be missed!!!

The Plan: Two days of guided rides through the best of Hidden Ireland, green lanes, mountain passes, and fabulous out of the way pubs. BBQ on Sat. night with Music...Raffle and Prizes.

Accommodation: Please contact www.dingle-peninsula.ie/ to book and see great photos. Please book early for single double rooms and ocean view apartment. When booking tell them it is for GS event!! Prices are €16-25 per night and include continental breakfast.

Cloghane is located about 5 hours drive from both Dublin and Rosslare ports, about 2 hours from Cork.

For Further info contact timsweeney@eircom.net

Sounds fantastic, not been there for years.:)

Tim

sounds great

but wont be able to make it..

will be teraing around northern europe with a few other toissrs that week..

typical

pthag

Re: sounds great

Pthagonal said:
but wont be able to make it..

will be teraing around northern europe with a few other toissrs that week..

typical

pthag
Yes just what I thought, perhaps another time.

Tim

Is'n't Spring very late in Kerry next year?

I do hope to make it, it is a gorgeous place and was home of late friend, John Gill.

Roll on Spring!

Sound good to me, I've sent a PM.

[
The Plan: Two days of guided rides through the best of Hidden Ireland, green lanes, mountain passes, and fabulous out of the way pubs. BBQ on Sat. night with Music...Raffle and Prizes.

hi mate
sound's great,count us in [/B][/QUOTE] :beerjug: .....loz

Hi, Interested in coming over but going to make it a ten day stop thursday to sunday, Just looking at ferry crossings is swansea to cork(less journey time I think) the one to go for, or Pembroke to Rosslare (sailings are better time wise and about £50 cheaper)
Regards
Noel

The ride from Rosslare to Cork would beat watching the coast from a boat - I did Rosslare to Limerick one Sunday morning and I thought to myself that if Ireland had a Nurburgring, it would be the road from Wexford to New Ross to Clonmel.....

Received our ferry tickets this morning and road map, sorted accomodation, so it looks like I'm a definate. seee you all soon.

Spring In Kerry

Keryman

Booked accommodation - look forward to it. Any more details on itinerary i.e when we meet up etc.

Regards

Dan

Hello,
Im also very keen to attend this weekend.

If possible can someone please supply a rough itinary so I can book my ferry crossing (Fishguard-Rossleare).

Rode around Dingle and "the rings" last July, fantastic scenary & hospitality.

Looking forward to another venture West.

Steve G

Kerry Adventure Itinerary

Rough Itinerary

Thursday, June 9th...Late afternoon-evening arrival. Dinner and drinks in the pub next door to the Hostel.

Friday A.M. Tour of South Kerry's mountainous interiour, much of it single track wilderness. Early evening Dinner in Dingle.

Saturday Tour of Beara Peninsula via small roads through Killarney National Park. Sat evening BBQ and Party

Sunday- Early morning blast around the Ring of Kerry...Early Sunday=no cars=no cops for thoes who love to pick up the pace!

Any other questions: contact me timsweeney@eircom.net

any one else going?

We're booked in at Brandon Hostel and on the Holyhead HSS fast ferry for the 8.55 sailing on the Thursday morning 9th June.

Is anyone else going across from Blighty on this crossing?

Sherpa ;)

Hi, Our ferry departs on the 8th at 4pm from Fishguard to Rosslare (5.50pm) have a hostel for the first night at New Ross. Looking forward to it and meeting you all!

3 of us booked on 09.20am swift from Holyhead on 9th (Irish Ferries) 2 x 12GS and Trev on his PD. See you there!

Cheers

Roger:)

Accomadation booked, Bike due 6 days before!, loooking forward to meeting you all,
Bigmixer

:mad: It was not to be! My hols at work have been cancelled so I'm not going to make it. Hope to meet up with some of you another time
Bigmixer

Bigmixer said:
:mad: It was not to be! My hols at work have been cancelled so I'm not going to make it. Hope to meet up with some of you another time
Bigmixer

Sounds great. Just called the hostel who think they are full - do you know if the reserved rooms have names against them or are reserved for gs'ers to then book? They said to call back Wednesday when the manager is in anyhow. Hope to meet you all there.

Back
Top Bottom