The best yet.

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who joined us for such a memorable event.:)

Definitely the best one yet for many reasons.

Firstly, the weather played a big part with constant glorious sunshine. Even I cannot claim any credit for organising that.:)

Secondly, it was due to such an excellent crowd of people who came. Every single person who attended is very welcome to come again.

Preparation. I managed to get everything sorted in advance this year so I was far less stressed and I could enjoy the event in a more relaxed manner and just chilled out myself.

It was great to have the disabled group join us in the afternoon. It made us all realise how fortunate we all are and reminded us where the proceeds were going.:)

I've not worked out the detailed costings yet or even counted up the cash but it looks like we have made a good amount for the charity which Barclays will double.:)

Dave Lees has just turned up at 11.00 pm:eek: It's been a long day especially after I fell asleep watching the F1 race.:(

There are so many people for me to thank that I don't want to offend anyone by missing anyone out but a few deserve special thanks.
SWMBO/ PinkLady/ My wife Ann. She returned to work last week for the first time in seven months after her back op last Nov. She was tired but still worked almost non-stop to help run the event. Numerous people helped her in the kitchen with washing up etc and this was much appreciated.

Sumprat/Simon our chef did an excellent job of preparing and cooking all the food for up to 50 people on our simple home cooker.

Steptoe did a fine job of helping in the worshop especially as he worked on three of my old airheads and got them all running sweetly especially my R100RS that feels like a new bike.:)

Pete Tibbs who quietly worked away on Trigger and sorted out the final electrical issues with others such as Nick.ct helping.

John/ Paintman who very kindly repaired the car belonging to my friend Niggy who runs the disabled group.

I know there were numerous others who helped in many ways and it was all appreciated.

One thing I forgot was to take many photos.:( Hopefully others took photos so please post them up so others can see what they missed.:)

Dave Lees has just turned up at 11.00 pm:eek: It's been a long day especially after I fell asleep watching the F1 race.:(

WTF......... 11pm on a sunday night... after you've been all week getting things organised and then a weekend coping with 40+ people and the first opportunity to get your feet up and think it's all over. .

Good job you don't have to be up early monday morning to go to work :D

And I know what i'd have said.. :D

Slowly tidying up today although to be fair there was little to do as everyone had helped so much to clear up. Moved Hymer into workshop and non-airhead bikes from garage.

Despite not having to get up for work (what's that?:D ), I was still up early as Ann was off to work, and son Peter was running Sumprat to train station. After Freeloader left, I was left in peace on my own.

Had a phone call from the disabled group this morning saying that they loved joining us for food on Saturday afternoon and they loved meeting such a great group of people.:) Luckily, they were looking the other way when ATT had his face buried in Tallgirls tits.:D

We had three aims for this Wee kend

1. To provide an excellent social event with quality food and drink in a chilled out relaxed environment. From all the comments on the other thread, I think that we succeeded.:)

2. To provide a good value-for-money event with cheaper prices than at a commercial event. Thanks to brilliant deals from the suppliers, I think we achieved that. We judged all the supplies just right and the beer and cider ran out late on Saturday night.:beerjug:

3. As if both of the above weren't hard enough to balance, we also wanted to raise a few quid for the local disabled group to help with their holiday costs. I've done very rough costings this afternoon and we have definitely done better than expected.:) The charity would have been happy with anything. My target was at least £500. Barclays will match up to £750 so that was my highest hope. Based on first figures, it appears that we will break the £1,000 barrier.:thumby: Barclays will add a further £750 direct to the charity.

Massive thanks again to everyone who joined in the fun.:thumb2

Has anyone got any photos they can post up please?

here`s one of the golden girl!

It was great to bump into tallgirl again - its been a couple of years babes but you are still as lovely and as mad as you have always been! :clap

9013429733_51ff07da4e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

WTF......... 11pm on a sunday night... after you've been all week getting things organised and then a weekend coping with 40+ people and the first opportunity to get your feet up and think it's all over. .

Good job you don't have to be up early monday morning to go to work :D

And I know what i'd have said.. :D

Think my watch might have stopped. :augie

Pictures from Airhead Wee Kend

A few photos from the weekend;

A bit of preparation.
SAM_0194Small.jpg

Fridge stocked.
SAM_0200Small.jpg

Sam's country visited list.
SAM_0201Small.jpg

Bikes.
SAM_0202Small.jpg

SAM_0203Small.jpg

SAM_0204Small.jpg

SAM_0205Small.jpg

SAM_0206Small.jpg

SAM_0207Small.jpg

(I think this has to be my favourite bike)
SAM_0208Small.jpg

SAM_0209Small.jpg

SAM_0210Small.jpg

SAM_0211Small.jpg

SAM_0212Small.jpg

SAM_0213Small.jpg

SAM_0214Small.jpg

SAM_0215Small.jpg

SAM_0216Small.jpg

SAM_0217Small.jpg

SAM_0218Small.jpg

SAM_0219Small.jpg