Food for the Weekend.

Devon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, Takeaway food is available from Penstowe Manor next to the campsite which also has a bar, a clubhouse and swimming pool for anyone interested.

I will bring a gas BBQ so those that would like to, can bring their own food to cook as they choose.

There are also a couple of superb bakeries in Bude that make traditional Cornish Pastys: I intend to buy a few to sell at cost in the evenings.

Plus the Humbugs (Andy and Paula) are going to cook a Tom Kha Gai, which is Chicken with lemongrass and galangal in coconut milk, with onion and green beans. It's not a spicy hot dish but individuals can add Andy and Paula's home grown chillies if they wish.
They will also do a vegetable Pad Thai which is basically stir fried vegetables with noodles and egg in a tangy and slightly spicy sauce with a hint of tamarind and lime. Again they will provide crushed chillies so individuals can make it hotter.

The cost will be a very reasonable £4.00 per head, that is for both dishes on a plate. Plates and cutlery can be provided if required.
Any profit made will be donated to the Bansang Hospital Appeal which is a charity Andy is supporting with Scooters in the Sahara later this year. A very good cause.

Who needs the Hairy Bikers? :D

Thom Gai Ga

That sounds perfect for satday night for Sue and I and of course we will pay a generous tip if the proceeds are gong to Bansang :thumb

That sounds perfect for satday night for Sue and I and of course we will pay a generous tip if the proceeds are gong to Bansang :thumb

Thanks Freddy.

I've seen Richard (Madmountainman) today and he and Sandy will be having a plate of food too. Richard has requested and extra large helping! :thumb

So I can get a rough idea of numbers and could you please express an interest here so I bring enough ingredients, crockery and cutlery. :thumb2 Please also say what evening you would like food (or both). Thanks.

Big Unit

Thanks Freddy.

I've seen Richard (Madmountainman) today and he and Sandy will be having a plate of food too. Richard has requested and extra large helping! :thumb

So I can get a rough idea of numbers and could you please express an interest here so I bring enough ingredients, crockery and cutlery. :thumb2 Please also say what evening you would like food (or both). Thanks.

Of course Rich needs an extra large portion he is a big unit:D
Oh and even though i'm a smaller unit I would like a big portion too:eek:

Thanks Freddy.

I've seen Richard (Madmountainman) today and he and Sandy will be having a plate of food or two. Richard has requested and extra large helping! :thumb

Just corrected your post regarding my 'plate of food' Andy.:D:D:D

Pic 1... now that's a Richie size dish!:D Will happily scoff both nights Andy if you have too many ingredients left over from Friday.

:blagblah.......

Plus the Humbugs (Andy and Paula) are going to cook a Tom Kha Gai, which is Chicken with lemongrass and galangal in coconut milk, with onion and green beans. It's not a spicy hot dish but individuals can add Andy and Paula's home grown chillies if they wish.
They will also do a vegetable Pad Thai which is basically stir fried vegetables with noodles and egg in a tangy and slightly spicy sauce with a hint of tamarind and lime. Again they will provide crushed chillies so individuals can make it hotter.

The cost will be a very reasonable £4.00 per head, that is for both dishes on a plate. Plates and cutlery can be provided if required.
Any profit made will be donated to the Bansang Hospital Appeal which is a charity Andy is supporting with Scooters in the Sahara later this year. A very good cause.

Who needs the Hairy Bikers? :D
Put me down for some of that please

which night is it for?

Be rude not to.:)
Me and Barb please....
Prob just the Friday night...
She's got to earn her keep sometimes ..:rob

We'll be there ...

... both nights, so I'll book 1 veg and 3 carnivores for each night please. Will stump up even if we don't manage it as Bansang needs the cash :thumb

I can do the Tom Kha as a vegetarian option too. I just leave out the Gai! :D

Jaq's been happy just to avoid the meat in a dish before, so that may be worth a discussion to avoid the need for a separate dish:thumby:

Can I please request dinner for 2 on Friday night?

It all sounds wonderful :clap

Another 2 for Friday and will have to let you know about Saturday nearer the time if that's OK :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom