Wander - Saturday 14 September (noon) to Sunday 15 September - St Quent

Wapping

Reaction score
A repeat of an (apparently) successful Wander made in July.

Details:

OUT: Saturday 14 September – Train at 11:50

RETURN: Sunday 15 September – Train at 19:20

I have booked my tickets, £34 return.

HOTEL: (Subject to confirmation) Le Florence, St Quentin. Basic but decent value. A short stroll to the restaurants / bars on the main square. Gated parking. http://www.hotel-le-florence.fr

Suitable for: Anyone who can ride a motorcycle. That being said, the longer ride back option on Sunday is a decent schlep of about 240 miles (mostly on mixed French D roads) so we will need to crack on a bit. The longer mileage means that we will have to depart the hotel on Sunday morning. I have booked a slightly later train than normal on Sunday, which will give us a little bit more flexibility.

I have asked the hotel for:

• Four single rooms (4 adults) – ONE GONE ALREADY

• Two double rooms (4 adults)

• One twin room – Separate beds – (2 adults)

Total seven (7) rooms – ten (10) adults

First come, first served. Replies via this thread, please.

Please say what room you would like and whether you would be interested in taking the shared room. I have locked the thread only whilst I wait for confirmation from the hotel. The Florence has lots of rooms, so I hope we will be OK. Failing that, maybe the Ibis which is not far away. When I hear from the hotel(s) I will unlock the thread.

Anything else:

1. Full tank of fuel on getting off the train in France, please.

2. We will top-up on arriving at St Quentin on Saturday late afternoon, irrespective. There is fuel available on Sunday’s route but it gets a bit sparse towards the end of the afternoon, before arriving at St Valery. Having the extra 40 miles or so available will be helpful. That being said, I did the longer return route last weekend on a 17.5 litre sports bike, so anyone with a 22 litre plus tank will have loads in reserve. Those with a GSA will near enough be able to ride the lot.

3. Coupled to the 40 minutes crossing time and the loss of an hour time difference, the later train time on Saturday makes having lunch in France a bit of a lottery. I suggest we bring some sandwiches. We will have a coffee stop somewhere between the Chunnel and St Quentin, probably in Albert, about an hour from the hotel / an hour or so after getting off the train. I will try to find a suitable fuel station in Albert as it would make sense to fuel up there, then just top-up again on arrival at St Quentin, ready for Sunday morning. Similarly, getting a sandwich or two to scoff on Sunday makes stopping easier, depending on the weather. Either way, nobody needs to starve.

4. We may well have a biggish group, which is fine. If so we will run the marker ‘drop-off’ system. Similarly, I will circulate everyone with the mobile numbers. We got a little separated coming back on Sunday; having the numbers made life a lot easier. No great problem and we all met up within an hour.

Richard

Thread is open - Hotel is a goer - The Wander is on....

The hotel Florence has confirmed my reservation for the seven rooms, bed and breakfast basis, for the night of Saturday 14 September.

Form and orderly queue, please.

I intend to offer the same jaunt on another website, from next Monday.

Richard.

PS The only real limitation is the number of rooms I can get at the hotel and the definite practicality of having ten or more bikes on a jaunt, with all the fueling / eating delays that brings about.

I can maybe get some more rooms but I am reluctant to reserve too many and then cancel. Let's see how things go over this week and next, then take a view on what might be possible.

PPS I told you about the departure from the hotel on Sunday morning, but then forgot to tell you the time. 09:00 AM, wheels rolling, just as we did last Sunday.

Hi Richard,

Can you put me down for a single.Look forward to catching up.

Kev :thumby:

Three singles gone..... One left

One double gone..... One left (one penciled in) - None left TBA

One twin left

Hi Richard,

Can you put me down for this one please? A single room (if still available) please as the venerable Mrs Brenchleyhibs will be otherwise engaged on these dates so I'll be travelling solo.

Many thanks,
Andy :thumb

Four singles gone..... None left

One double gone..... One left

One twin left

=============

Wapping
Brenchleyhibs
Joybringer
Kev B
Wilburt (double)

Five bikes, six bods so far.

TRAIN BOOKED.

Out Sat 14th Sept 11:50

Back Sun 15th Sept 19:20

Lets hope the sun continues to shine, :thumby:

Wanderers to date....

Wapping
Brenchleyhibs
Joybringer
Kev B
Wilburt (double)
Paula (double)

I still have one twin room spare. I could ask the hotel to see if I can convert this into a single or double if anyone is interested. If not, I'll close the list off.

Back
Top Bottom