Road ride on Saturday

Anybody up for a road ride on Saturday, the Guzzi's not really suitable for the kind of minor roads Philip is thinking of ?

Sounds good to me I'm in.

As Flip's ride looks so well subscribed we'll join in your "Hi-jack Flip's riders" ride out:D

And I want a shot of your Guzzi;)

As Flip's ride looks so well subscribed we'll join in your "Hi-jack Flip's riders" ride out:D

And I want a shot of your Guzzi;)

Mmmm twas not intended as a hijack , and I wasn't exactly offering to lead anyone anywhere TBH so apologies to Flip:blush....

I was just wondering if anybody was up to anything else as there are normally a couple of small 'break off' groups from the big ride?

Mmmm twas not intended as a hijack , and I wasn't exactly offering to lead anyone anywhere TBH so apologies to Flip:blush....

I was just wondering if anybody was up to anything else as there are normally a couple of small 'break off' groups from the big ride?

Take as many as ya want, less to feckin moan when they get home knackered:D

How's your Tree house you are building Rushy !

Come on, man up and set a route :D

Eeeeeek, eeeek..........110 miles leisurely spin around the peaks suit you? Nice lazy start at about 10.30am.

How's your Tree house you are building Rushy !

All done, proper little home for her ......and somewhere for me too if I get kicked out:thumb

:confused: is he not going to be sleeping in a tent then?

Not for definite , at a previous GSer do I slept in a donkeys stable. Pictures available on here somewhere:thumb

Rushy sleeping in Donkeys barn at East Midlands do, Julie said to granddaughter, he was in there waiting for baby Jesus .:D

Route sorted, manually typed into my new sat nav, fek know if it works or not only really used it once & never done a route, could be a right old mystery tour :D

Rough route will be out to Leek for an early fuel stop so everyone make sure they have enough for the rest of the day, then
Onecote & Hartington,
Castleton,
Monyash,
Bakewell,
Ashford in the Water,
Monsal Head Hotel,
over to Blue John Cavern coming in down the Winnats
Back up Winnats
Chapel en Le Frith
down to Buxton so we can ride Long Hill to...
Whaley Bridge
down to Macclesfield so everyone can ride "The Fiddle run"
Back down to Congleton on the A54 for some nice views
Back roads back to Mow Cop.

Best I can come up with a short notice as I don't know the Peaks that well and no time no time to recce the route now.

Not quite sure about a lunch stop because The cafe at Monyash might be a little to soon in the ride and the Monsal Head Hotel would be my next choice, fab views, but they could be busy...will have to see how we get on, hopefully a smallish group that will be happy to play it by ear. :thumby:

So when is this, I assume THIS SATURDAY.

Reverse route and Moynash will be better timing.

But it's yours youngster.

And by the way, who could confuse you with a Donkey?
I have seen you in your "attire".

So when is this, I assume THIS SATURDAY.

Reverse route and Moynash will be better timing.

Are you coming out to play then Malc?

Did think about reversing it . I've only done the fiddle run once on the bike some years ago, normally take the A54, but I reckon its better going up it and I think Long Hill is a tad better in this direction too.....

Its only about 3.5 hrs riding but we can have plenty of stops or could extend it if peeps want to visit busy Matlock Bath.

Route sorted, manually typed into my new sat nav, fek know if it works or not only really used it once & never done a route, could be a right old mystery tour :D

Rough route will be out to Leek for an early fuel stop so everyone make sure they have enough for the rest of the day, then
Onecote & Hartington,
Castleton,
Monyash,
Bakewell,
Ashford in the Water,
Monsal Head Hotel,
over to Blue John Cavern coming in down the Winnats
Back up Winnats
Chapel en Le Frith
down to Buxton so we can ride Long Hill to...
Whaley Bridge
down to Macclesfield so everyone can ride "The Fiddle run"
Back down to Congleton on the A54 for some nice views
Back roads back to Mow Cop.

Best I can come up with a short notice as I don't know the Peaks that well and no time no time to recce the route now.

Not quite sure about a lunch stop because The cafe at Monyash might be a little to soon in the ride and the Monsal Head Hotel would be my next choice, fab views, but they could be busy...will have to see how we get on, hopefully a smallish group that will be happy to play it by ear. :thumby:

Sounds shite, I'm not sure now :D

Back
Top Bottom