Is there any reason I shouldn't get a 990 smt?

A week in now, how are you getting on?

Awesome!:aidan

Went out for a blast on Sunday, nowhere in particular, just out on my own for a ride which I haven't done for years. I just couldn't stop grinning, it's certainly an addictive bike to ride. I'm sure once the novelty wears off I'll be less euphoric, but for me it's really rekindled my biking mojo for riding in this country again.

Schtum, I loved my Useless, but it was bloody unreliable. This is better, but I didn't realise it was this much better.

Dazzle, pretty sure it is an MRA vario, it came with the bike. It's not perfect, there's still an amount of buffeting but its not too bad. I've yet to try the original screen as a comparison, but will do soon.

Maybe we should have an SMT get together? :rob

Clive, it's not a Vario screen, it's a Givi touring screen with a Vario blade fitted. I just measured the width of the screen and ordered a blade that was around 25mm larger on each side. It seemed to work form me.

Glad you are enjoying the bike. I have been bikeless since but am thinking about an Aprilia Caponord 1200. Just need to test ride one first.

Sye

I've gone for the puig deflector, as I think it will work ok with the standard screen, and it clips on and off.
My tour x is a no no with the smt as it try's to rip my head off but my corser is quite, no buffeting :nenau so a little flip up would probably work for me.
Just a fender extender and I think I'm done :thumb2

Picked up the bike yesterday but work cut out any chance of a longer run. Eighty miles later and love it already :D
I'd noticed the buffeting on my test run when wearing my Shoei XR1100 and had been thinking about the Givi screen or the Puig deflector, however I'd also taken a chance on what I thought would be a basic flip up lid (just in case sunshine should ever return here), and bought a Dexter X Road from Motoblouz. They have some great deals on and the helmet was only €109 - a third of the price of an Evoline 2 and a quarter that of a Neotec. I reckoned I'd take the chance, but I've gotta say, it's a great buy! Really comfortable, great fit, the drop down visor could do with being a bit darker but, and I'm heading out to retest this today, no buffeting. No doubt I'll get to see just how good the seals are too by the looks of things :rolleyes:

Clive, it's not a Vario screen, it's a Givi touring screen with a Vario blade fitted. I just measured the width of the screen and ordered a blade that was around 25mm larger on each side. It seemed to work form me.

Glad you are enjoying the bike. I have been bikeless since but am thinking about an Aprilia Caponord 1200. Just need to test ride one first.

Sye
Ah thanks, Sye, knew it was something like that. :thumb

I was riding my smt this morning around the local back roads. The surface on some of them is shocking. It felt like the road had been resurfaced, the wp suspension is nothing short of amazing. Did I mention I love this bike?

Had mine from new just had 1st MOT no bother to date
wish it was white though

Dont know what to replace it with, so its staying till the smt 1190 appears or i will get an 800 gs to accompany it??

get one you will love it!

Just revisited this thread as I saw Sye's Guzzi for sale, and revisited this thread after I'd brought my SMT from him.
I still have the SMT, and still love riding it. Mileage is up to about 27k now, not a lot for the 10 years I've had it, but it's never once let me down apart from a flat battery in Austria. Otherwise it get's a bit neglected over winter, and used occasionally over the summer, and still makes me grin every time I get on it.

Having now bought a 950SE as a stable mate, I can't see me ever getting rod of either of them. Fantastic bikes!

Still fancy an SMT.

Almost bought one, lined up a viewing and agreed price and at that very moment my contract was ended due to COVID and 5 months of no work / income followed.

Really fancy one of the last ones with the Orange frame, but they seem quite rare, and unmolested ones even rarer.

Hoping to have a bit more spare cash in another year or two :)

I've got one you can buy

£30 to you Squire :augie

KTMSMT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom