Easter Wander 2014 - Vianden - 17-21 April

Eurotunnel Response

Hello All

I've had an email response from Eurotunnel. here's what they said:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Firstly, please allow me to express how sorry I am to hear that you were caught up in the long delays to our service when you travelled with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle on Thursday 17th April. I am aware that many of our customers, including yourself and your party, were delayed for several hours or postponed their journey; I do not underestimate the discomfort this may have caused and the disruption to your travel plans.

Under the circumstances, it does not seem fair that you should pay for this journey and I have arranged for a refund of the affected leg to be made to your payment card, please allow up to one month for this to appear. In addition, I would like to give you the opportunity to travel with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle again as our guest*. All you need to do is click here and complete the online form with your chosen dates of travel. This offer is valid for return travel with a car before 30th April 2015. Please make sure you include the above reference when completing and returning the form.

It is important that I explain the circumstances which led to the severe disruption to your journey. A Passenger shuttle travelling between Calais and Folkestone developed a technical fault and was brought to a controlled stop in one of the running tunnels. Whilst the problem with the shuttle was being investigated, a Freight train behind also stopped and a problem was identified with the overhead power supply which necessitated the replacement of some cable. It became necessary for both shuttles to be pulled out of the Tunnel by a stand-by locomotive before the repairs could be made to the cable. Our maintenance teams were quickly on the scene and worked very hard to fix the fault swiftly. Whilst this work was carried out, it was necessary to close a section of the Tunnel and all trains were required to follow a diverted route.

I regret that we will be unable to respond to the individual comments you may have made in your e-mail. Please be assured however that your feedback will still be registered and taken into consideration in the continual monitoring of our service. I hope you will appreciate that we are receiving a high volume of emails following the disruption to our service and our priority is to respond to all customers who have contacted us as swiftly as possible.

I would like to reassure you that thankfully, incidents of this nature are extremely rare. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies.

Seems fair enough to me!

Robin.

I was caught up on a train on the day ( we were held at the entrance to the tunnel for just over 4 hours) and had the same communication.
I was contacted initially at the end if the same day. There was a follow up the next day and the refund was made the next day.
Given the events I was impressed with the customer care service.
Looking forward to my free trip later in the year.
Still a terrible day for thousands of other people though with many holidays ruined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No news following my carefully crafted letter.

They are probably still looking up 'fecktard' in a French dictionary.

Perhaps as a VIP you're in for a special package of compensation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just chased them again as they clearly state that I will receive a response with 14 days. Unless it's in my junk folder of course. !!

Stuart

Back
Top Bottom