HELP! GS, GSA, TB, TU, RALLYE, WC, TC, WTF!!!

I've got the 1200GSA. Whatever you buy I'd say avoid buying one with the ESA2 suspension. It fails at about 24K miles and is £1200 to replace (it's non serviceable and non repairable).

Interesting. How can I tell if a GSA i look at has the ESA2 suspension please?

Interesting. How can I tell if a GSA i look at has the ESA2 suspension please?

BTW It is serviceable and repairable..Firefox racing will repair and replace the internals with fittings upgraded from OE for about £260.
Firefox Racing: 01535 606200 :thumb

*Handy for you as they're in Yorkshire.

Holy resurrection, Batman!

OK, so I thought I understood what tc and tu referred to, until I didn't. OP on this thread appears to have been suffering from the same confusion as I now am. And even though in his pleaful thread title he asked about all of them, the only one I found explained was tu.

Logically, I would've thought tc referred to TwinCam. (Here in the US we don't call anything tu/tc/mu/tb/etc etc). But apparently not. So tu means Technical Update, which means the twin cam update to the hex head. If that's true- is that true?? - then what is tc?

OK, so I thought I understood what tc and tu referred to, until I didn't. OP on this thread appears to have been suffering from the same confusion as I now am. And even though in his pleaful thread title he asked about all of them, the only one I found explained was tu.

Logically, I would've thought tc referred to TwinCam. (Here in the US we don't call anything tu/tc/mu/tb/etc etc). But apparently not. So tu means Technical Update, which means the twin cam update to the hex head. If that's true- is that true?? - then what is tc?

I may be wrong but tu applies to any model not as in a new model.

so each model hexhead ( singlecam ) hexhead (twincam) LC - liquid cooled got a TU hence all the bells and whistles added

R1200 cam out circa 2004 with a new 1200 aircooled motor, lighter, more powerful than the previous 1150. This bike had servo assisted brakes…….and just like the 1150 servos, they were often problematic.

This model was updated (designate MU for model update) in 2008. The change consisted of minor cosmetic details, the brakes changed to non servo and the engine was pepped up a little. The introduction of ESA was also added on the MU.

The TU or ‘Technical update’ consisted of a brand new motor the ‘twin cam’ or TC had double over head camshafts as opposed to the earlier single overhead cam design. There were other minor changes but the engine was the big one. TU or TC people are referring to that engine, it’s easily distinguishable by the spark plug cover difference.

Back
Top Bottom