Serow running

tex999

Reaction score
Bought a 94 serow , had been standing for a while, was running lean, noticed inlet manifold was perished. Changed that and the o ring. The guy had a piece of foam as an air filter, so put in proper foam element. Changed plug for correct one. But still seems to be running rough on full throttle. Dies if you crack open throttle from idle, ok if you do it slowly. What s worth checking in the carb. Could diaphragm be perished? Any help great fully accepted.

It would be worth joining the xt225.com forum
Lots of information & experts on the old Serow's - only issue I've had with my Serow is the float stuck open & flooded fuel everywhere. Fixed by a clean & lots of wd40.
Welcome to the Serow family :)

I'd start by giving the carb a good clean out, could be all sorts off residue clarting jets up.

Yes, there will be a tar type residue in the pilot and main jet left from any old petrol that was in the float bowl when the bike was layed up.
Don't poke anything metal in the hole as any damage to the jets can lead to the bike running rich afterwards.
Jets are cheap so I usually just buy new, but if you want to try cleaning, use acetone or a good quality carb cleaning aerosol from a motor factor. Bristles from a paintbrush or a piece of cotton can be used to clean the jet hole.

Thanks for the info, running almost perfect but still getting a bit splutter sometimes on first third throttle, so will change pilot jet.

As there was so much else wrong the needle may not be in the right position assuming that it's adjustable.

Back
Top Bottom