HP2 enduro. What are they like to live with ?

HP 2 enduro-SM

well mine is a bit licke when you really find a pear of gloves that fit you or Carving skis on 2 wheels its took a lot of self made mods to get it right thou I dont think I would sell mine in a rush I have coverd 35000 km just hoby kms so far I love it power is plenty enothe thier :D

Attachments

• IMG_5271.jpg
    IMG_5271.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 681
very nearly bought one in 2006 , Bought an adventure instead , loved the test ride but I would not have used it as intended . They have kept their value better than the ADV . For me an XR400 or KTM 450 does what they were designed for without the weight /issues of using a big bike to go off road . Still love them though and great for a v big buggar !!

:agree
wrefords hp is the only one i have ridden, awesome machine.:thumb2
(any photos?)

...always happy to post photos of it :D

This is a suitable one for this thread, this was taken during a ride that lasted 24 hours and ended with the bike taking a very tired and slightly deflated me on a 300 mile blast to get back home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 643
What are they like to live with ?

Just going Christmas shopping on mine.

Getting the missus some Dune perfume.

Attachments

• Picture 059 s.jpg
    Picture 059 s.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 623
Yep shit in the sand :D

0106-X3.jpg

But the KTM was better :thumb

[video=vimeo;11625625]http://vimeo.com/11625625[/video]

Louis

what is it like to live with

A much harder question would be what is like to live without. I have 53,000 miles on mine which I bought new. I have yet to regret owning this bike. I haven't had it offroad much lately. Although I did quite a bit in the earlier years. I have used this bike just like all the other enduros I owned except way more street riding. The most all around capable motorcycle I have owned to date. Richard Get one if you can.

Anyone here have a HP 2 enduro and use it as a daily use bike for city riding ? I have developed a slight itch for one of these and would consider selling the 1150 adventure. I never go off road (unless to park on the pavement) but fancy one all the same.

I just got one and I’m absolutely in love with it. It isn’t a GS, so comparisons are apples and oranges. Yes the GS will do hundreds of miles in a day without any problems, it will eat the motorway for breakfast, will carry luggage and do many miles before needing fuel, but the HP2 wasn’t designed for that!

In traffic, commuting to Central London, etc., HP2 all day long. The 50 kilos difference is hugely noticeable. You can manoeuvre it like a 125cc almost. And then, there’s endless power through the range. In twisty roads around the Chilterns is a dream, and in the brown stuff, amazing....

If you can have one, do!

Holy Thread Resurrection! 6 years and there’s life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought this might be of interest. Nowt to do with me.

Ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-BMW...840719?hash=item1f121c73cf:g:zKUAAOSwmGde88DS

A forum member goes by the tag of SPOUT, wrote an excellent and detailed review about 3 years of riding and owning an HP2e. Sorry I can’t find the link but it is here somewhere and well worth having a search.

As for my experience of ownership and what it is like to live with, all I’m going to say is that it is a guaranteed thrill to ride and I have been racking up the miles and enjoying each and everyone of them. I have a suspicion the V5 will be in my name for many years to come.

I paid over the odds but have no regrets as I have a huge amount of brand new spares and it is fitted with WP front forks and a Wilber rear end. The only bad decision I have made is fitting the wrong hoops, so it is worth speaking to Members on here and asking for there wisdom.

If you don’t mind minimal creature comforts, a slightly agricultural feel, but want the experience of riding a supremely capable and powerful Goliath of a bike that will do everything with ease, then take the plunge. :blagblah:thumby:

I just got one and I’m absolutely in love with it. It isn’t a GS, so comparisons are apples and oranges. Yes the GS will do hundreds of miles in a day without any problems, it will eat the motorway for breakfast, will carry luggage and do many miles before needing fuel, but the HP2 wasn’t designed for that!

Now you tell me - Did 1450 Miles straight on mine

I bought my HP2 new and have used it for everything. Fantastic bike in all uses. I normally do 5,000 mile road trip every year. Also I usually do a 1,000 plus mile day on the way home. Always been great. I have addressed the fuel issue and have a custom seat. I have a selection of different wheels for different uses. So yes they are great to live with. I have owned every kind of bike and the Hp2 is my hands down favorite I picked up a KTM SE just wasn't the bike for me.

Now you tell me - Did 1450 Miles straight on mine

Ah, but yours has the M engine with balance shaft.......;)

Vibrations on long runs only complaint I had with mine - a relatively happy 76,000 miles for me (not in one go!) :D

i-Pndsp5W-X3.jpg

Bought mine in 2007, ex-demo bike with under 2000km. In 2017 my Hp2 reached the 100k, in its natural habitat. Since then the old lady is only used for hollidays/longer rides, as a bought a 1200DOHC for dayly use.

i-grJdsxR-X3.jpg

I bought my HP2 new and have used it for everything. Fantastic bike in all uses. I normally do 5,000 mile road trip every year. Also I usually do a 1,000 plus mile day on the way home. Always been great. I have addressed the fuel issue and have a custom seat. I have a selection of different wheels for different uses. So yes they are great to live with. I have owned every kind of bike and the Hp2 is my hands down favorite I picked up a KTM SE just wasn't the bike for me.

Just sold my ktm super enduro. Hp2 is still in the garage:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom