XCountry damaged in attempt to steal - need parts.

stevemersey

Reaction score
We had a break-in to the garage this evening and luckily my son heard them and we gave chase. By the time we got outside they had got my R1200GS out but they dropped it outside the house, but my wifes XCountry was missing.

Luckily the police found it a little later a short distance from the house. They have removed the speedo/instruments off the XCountry, but otherwise it looks ok. So anyone got any tips on where to go looking for second hand XCountry instruments as an alternative to involving the insurance. It is a 2007 model.

Bike Bits R Us were breaking an xmoto on ebay some time ago (engine is still listed)

Could try them to see what they've got left (many parts are the same)

Details below

Gareth

Business seller information
bike bits r us
paul johnson
unit 7 holmer trading estate
hereford
Herefordshire
hr11js
United Kingdom

Phone:01432265458
Fax:01432265458
Email:paul@bikebitsrus.com
VAT number: GB 883938562
I provide invoices with VAT separately displayed.

Thanks. I have sent an email around the neighbours to see if the clocks have been dumped in anybodies garden, and if that doesn't get a response I will give them a call.

Update - one of the neighbours has found my instruments, but I have already bought the ones on ebay so will have a spare set very soon. Now all I have to do is replace the ignition switch/steering lock which I had not noticed is damaged underneath. Is it possible to buy the electrical part separately? The steering lock and barrel seem fine.

Update - one of the neighbours has found my instruments, but I have already bought the ones on ebay so will have a spare set very soon. Now all I have to do is replace the ignition switch/steering lock which I had not noticed is damaged underneath. Is it possible to buy the electrical part separately? The steering lock and barrel seem fine.

IIRC you can buy the electrical part of the ignition barrel separately. see here:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0165&mospid=51545&btnr=51_6630&hg=51&fg=15

It's part number 5 you need. Costs about £40- or it did the last time i bought one.

Whats wrong with yours? they can be repaired...

Losttheplot,
Thanks - that has made life a lot easier! Bits of mine are missing. They broke it off to get the wires out. The little drive spigot from the lock barrel to the electrical switch has also been broken, but I am optimistic I can fix that somehow.

Losttheplot,
Thanks - that has made life a lot easier! Bits of mine are missing. They broke it off to get the wires out. The little drive spigot from the lock barrel to the electrical switch has also been broken, but I am optimistic I can fix that somehow.

Sounds like you might need a whole assembly then? Or how about running the wires to a toggle switch hidden under the seat? you'd still need the keys to get to the switch, and it would give the little scrotes a challenge trying to make it run the next time around.

it's a little sad that these bikes don't need much to bypass the ignition switch. that said it is quite handy when the solder breaks inside the switch and leaves you stranded...

This is a long shot but I was wondering if you still have the spare Speedo? My LCD has a huge black splodge on it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom