Emergency Wander no. 2 - (8) 9 / 10 August

Wow- thanks for another set of new experiences- the spray from the cars was like having a large bucket of water thrown over you- what a mad but smileable moment. Losing the back wheel on a hair pin on the gravel was not a smileable moment more a sh.. sh.. moment but hey, it was ungainly but the bike stayed upright. I thought the group joined together very well, with everyone chatting to everyone else and we did have a laugh- pole dancing, something about wearing plastic bags on your feet in toilets!! and such. Many of the group I had met before so it was good to catch up and it was especially nice to have some female company- ahhh those close moments weeing together in the lane :)). Thoroughly great time- thank you all and Elsie (the bike) and of course Richard who in so generous with his time and support with these trips. Anyone for climbing over the O2??? as recommended by Andy- I am going to book tickets and thought making it a group event would be fun. Love Paula x

Wow- thanks for another set of new experiences- the spray from the cars was like having a large bucket of water thrown over you- what a mad but smileable moment. Losing the back wheel on a hair pin on the gravel was not a smileable moment more a sh.. sh.. moment but hey, it was ungainly but the bike stayed upright. I thought the group joined together very well, with everyone chatting to everyone else and we did have a laugh- pole dancing, something about wearing plastic bags on your feet in toilets!! and such. Many of the group I had met before so it was good to catch up and it was especially nice to have some female company- ahhh those close moments weeing together in the lane :)). Thoroughly great time- thank you all and Elsie (the bike) and of course Richard who in so generous with his time and support with these trips. Anyone for climbing over the O2??? as recommended by Andy- I am going to book tickets and thought making it a group event would be fun. Love Paula x

O2 sounds fun. Let me have you thoughts on dates etc.
It was good to meet you and look forward to another trip ASAP (The smile on my face when I got home gave me an instant free pass from my wife to join you again)

Thank you all for your kind comments.

As much as it's sometimes a bit of a battle to tie up routes, ideas on where to stop, hotels and the like it's actually quite fun. However, it's the bods on the jaunt that make it; the rest is just detail and going from A to C via B. Having a group that can look out for each other and get along makes everything much easier.

I try to make the jaunts as much a holiday as possible, albeit one centred around riding a motorcycle. The short hop breaks work well and I'm grateful that bods like Al come a long way down England just to join us. I will certainly do some more in 2015 and maybe a longer one or two, either back to the Dolomites or once more to the Pyrenees. Germany might be on the cards, too. There again, I haven't been to the Massif Central for a few years...... Now, where did I put those maps???

Well, albeit a little "late to the party", on behalf of myself andf Jen I'd just like to express our thanks to all the Wanderers for their good humour and sociability over the weekend.

It is always nice to meet old friends and new friends on Richards excursions, and this was no exception. We hope to meet you all again on another Wander sooner or later.

Richard - please keep up the excellent work!!

Best wishes,
Andy & Jen

PS - if anybody fancies organising an end of year get-together in the SE, please count me in!

Back
Top Bottom