GS TROPHY

speedfour4

Reaction score
Hi has anyone done gs trophy before thinking about entering but not shore if it's worth it as I only have limited off road experience on byways, any advice would be welcome.

Thanks James

If nothing else your entry fee is going to get you a day riding most of the GS range while having a heap of fun. Treat the qualification part as secondary to a day out on somebody else's bike and you can't go wrong.

I've entered for exactly the same reason. Never done it before.

i haven't got a hope in hell but thought it would be a laugh and a day out in some mud, so if you are at all worried you will still be better than me whatever your riding skill.

I'm going as cannon fodder and so someone can get £250 on You've Been Framed out of my riding antics.

Yea I am going to book my place tomorrow and then get out on bike and practise like a mad man, bodge it where are you? Fancy getting out on the weekends?

I'm in Woking, Surrey. So its a bit far to meet up unfortunately. I was considering trying to do Bakerman's Easter run over Salisbury Plain, depending on whether there are places available and I'm allowed out.

However I am going to do the same. Get out and find somewhere to fall off/get stuck in the mud.

Even went out on my mountain bike today to try and get fit.

Good luck with the training.

Maybe we could start a new Thread - "GS trophy training" and add photos and videos and ask for tips, helpful comments and general piss taking.

Ah yes that is a bit far form me lol, the training thread sounds like a good idea. Have to get the gopro out now. What's bakermans Easter run or is that a person lol I go up plain quite a lot

This is the link

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?363864-HOT-CROSS-BUN-RUN&highlight=bakerman

Not sure if its still open or not. However if you go over the plain then it might be a place to meet up, I have only been there twice. Happy to have a go one weekend.

This is me today trying to get over a small log LOL, Graham Jarvis would make it look easy, i only tried to get my front wheel up it. I'll stick some video up but i warn you it is pathetic.:blast

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 584
Well that's my place booked so now to get out on gsa and get stuck, fall off and pull all my mussels trying to pick it up lol. I have been on plain quite a lot now only takes me about 40 mins to get there and there is some good tracks, and some off the off road training areas your not really ment to be on are quite fun.

If you give me a week or so notice I'll come down on my GSA and we can have synchronised falling off.

PM me

Well that's my place booked so now to get out on gsa and get stuck, fall off and pull all my mussels trying to pick it up lol. I have been on plain quite a lot now only takes me about 40 mins to get there and there is some good tracks, and some off the off road training areas your not really ment to be on are quite fun.

I haven't done that since I went to the last seafood disco when I was a youngster! :D

Lol don't think I'm quite in that sort off league, I will put up video off me braking gear leaver it's pathetic :-(

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3uA4ygbVKAk

See rubbish lol, I am no good in ruts

Well this is my attempt, there is a reason behind it. It is my intention to practice all the tricky bits on a small bike and then gradually progress and use my new found skills on my GSA. I will post a video off my progression from my hospital bed.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/FGLWYrOg4lM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/FGLWYrOg4lM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Do it and enjoy. I did it two years ago and came 5th, I'm not a riding god more of a bull in a china shop which kind works fer me:D wouldn't want to buy any of the bikes I rode though:thumb2

I really wanted to do this again if they would have me:)

Unfortunately it is the first day of the holiday for the disabled group that we sponsor from Gentleman's. I've been volunteered again as minibus driver so I can't get away to the GS Trophy.:( Still, I have two other chances to ride at Walters Arena this year. Firstly at the Touractech weekend in early May and then at the Dawn to Dusk in August.

GS Trophy is great fun, everyone should give it a go.

Do it and enjoy. I did it two years ago and came 5th, I'm not a riding god more of a bull in a china shop which kind works fer me:D wouldn't want to buy any of the bikes I rode though:thumb2

5th sounds pretty good. I will adopt the GSA in a china shop approach, if in doubt pin it.

I live in Aberdeen and pondering signing up for this too. Just got my GS a few weeks ago and never ever been off road so not sure if I should go or not. Like another guy said if so it would be for the on road day and as fodder for everyone else :)

Back
Top Bottom