The "Into The West" Weekend in Leenane, Co.Galway Sept 5th-7th 2014

Great bit of early interest, keep it coming :thumb

there doesn't look to be too many shops about it :rob :p
There's 2 craft type shops in the village, mainly for the Merkins. Other than that 'the ladies what shop' will need to rent a minibus - there's a sweater shop (supposed to be very good for a decent gansey :rob) back towards Ma'am at the Lough Nafooey turnoff, there's an Avoca shop outside Letterfrack or head to Clifden for a proper day out ;)
Or youse could just 'stay in' & pamper yerselves :comfort

Just one query - is Jochen leading the ride out to get there?
I will be riding down on the Friday afternoon & I won't be using motorways / main roads & people can follow me. But it's entirely discretionary, I won't force you to tag along :D

Great bit of early interest, keep it coming :thumb

There's 2 craft type shops in the village, mainly for the Merkins. Other than that 'the ladies what shop' will need to rent a minibus - there's a sweater shop (supposed to be very good for a decent gansey :rob) back towards Ma'am at the Lough Nafooey turnoff, there's an Avoca shop outside Letterfrack or head to Clifden for a proper day out ;)
Or youse could just 'stay in' & pamper yerselves :comfort

Thanks. Now what shall us ladies do, shop or pamper :nenau:comfort:D

:aidan

My neck of the woods its only 500 corners away from my gaff. I know a biker who was dorn and raised in leenane, if u want route and tracks advise i can give him a shout

so sorry to disappoint you all but............
single room booked..................:beerjug:

I toured Ireland for a couple of weeks last year and stayed in the Leenane Hotel for a couple of Nights. The rooms at the front of the hotel have some great views. In the village there is not much todo and the local pub turned out to be quiet rude only serving food to the locals..?? Making sure they served everyone else before serving us as well. So I'd give that a miss and stay in the Hotel which does a great food and a nice pint.
The R335 on the opposite side of the loch is in my top 5 roads. So good I rode it twice...

image-L.jpg

View from the hotel...
image-L.jpg

image-L.jpg

Looking from the R335 with the hotel in the distance.
image-L.jpg

On the R335 with not a car insight.

The rooms at the front of the hotel have some great views. In the village there is not much todo and the local pub turned out to be quiet rude only serving food to the locals..?? Making sure they served everyone else before serving us as well

Do you remember the name of the pub? ill check it on TripAdvisor and see what kind of reviews they have

Do you remember the name of the pub? ill check it on TripAdvisor and see what kind of reviews they have

There's only the one ... been in a few times and had nothing but a warm welcome, good food and excellent craic with the staff and the locals .... and I'm from Yorkshire :D

:beerjug:

There are two pubs in the village, Gaynors(The Field bar) and Hamiltons.

The Blackberry Cafe serves good grub too, as does Portfinn Lodge up the road a bit. No shortage of eateries. I'll be in the area 5-7 September but not on the bike - peak of the seatrout season so if you see an eejit out in a wee boat on Kylemore, Inagh or Delphi Loughs, it'll be me :D

It Gaynors Bar I've frequented ... great place, warm welcome :thumb

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom