Tips from previous entrants?.......

DrAlf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I've entered the event, read the regs and TBH I'm getting pretty excited about the GS Trophy qualifiers.

I can ride both on and off road to a reasonable level, read a map and perform basic bike maintenance. I'm relatively fit - probably athletic compared to most of you pie eaters:augie

Anything else I need to be aware of? Any preparation that will help? Tips from previous entrants would be appreciated:thumb2

Well done Adam, I wish you the best of luck in the event......:thumb2

I've just entered a few LDT's and H&H's for the summer, so my cherry will be well & truly popped...although I'll be doing them on the 400 :D

You should be 50 odd years old, have ridden MX as a boy and enduro in your twenties and finally toured extensively.

If passed events are anything to go by this is the profile of most the winners.

Than main thing is........ Enjoy :aidan

I don't fit the above profile and I went to South America! All I would say is that the whole qualification weekend will be fantastic fun and amazing value for money. If you're good/lucky enough to make it through then the trip to Canada will be unforgettable and TOTALLY free - I paid for suntan cream (to ensure three days of rain!) and an ice cream (ditto!). I will be in South Wales for the whole weekend so if anyone wants to ask me anything - feel free!

I don't fit the above profile and I went to South America! All I would say is that the whole qualification weekend will be fantastic fun and amazing value for money. If you're good/lucky enough to make it through then the trip to Canada will be unforgettable and TOTALLY free - I paid for suntan cream (to ensure three days of rain!) and an ice cream (ditto!). I will be in South Wales for the whole weekend so if anyone wants to ask me anything - feel free!

Excellent - look forward to meeting you. We'll be on the old 1150 supermoto with the blue topxbox. Please come and say hello:thumb

Sorry I didn't manage to catch up with you over the weekend. I was the (evil?) observer at the top of the mud slot that was ridden on the 1200s on Sunday. Hope you had a great time - we certainly enjoyed helping to run it.

Back
Top Bottom