K100 16V chip.

Ijustwanttoseethephotos

Reaction score
A friend has recently bought a BMW K1, amongst the spares supplied with it is a 'performance' chip. The number on it is: 1267 356 128.
An internet search has revealed it to be a Megatec product for a BMW K100 16V.
I can't find any other information, although my mate has been told by the previous owner that an extra 25 - 30 bhp is available! Funnily enough, the previous owner doesn't have dyno before and after results!
Does anyone have any information on these, please?

Hi I had to a K1 in the mid 90's.

I rechipped it and if I remember correctly the gains were much more modest.

What the chip did do was remove an awful step, at about 4000rpm. this was were the noise tests were done.

My K1 deffo run better with the chip fitted but rear in mind, this is over 20 year old technology.

Bill

Thanks for the reply, Magnetec's information suggests gains of 6-9 bhp, and 0.5-0.9 kg/m of torque, which is probably more realistic.

When I got my 16v from Dr Farkoff a couple of years ago it had a Harman performance chip fitted.
I found the throttle to be very snatchy at low revs, which made wet tight roundabouts a real pain. It had 2 very obvious power bands at 5k and 7k. The best fuel consumption rate I could get was about 40 mpg and that took a lot of doing.
I then changed back to a standard chip, low revs were now much smoother and the power bands are a bit gentler, fuel consumption rate now is about 50mpg. It is an altogether nicer riding experience with the standard chip.

I found the throttle to be very snatchy at low revs, which made wet tight roundabouts a real pain.
You will probably find that the TPS needs adjusting. The 16v is much more sensitive to incorrect TPS setting than the older L-Jetronic set up. The Motronic can lead to snatchy and abrupt fuelling.

Set the TPS to 3.75v for 16v bikes.

K1%20BMW%20%28391%29-M.jpg

For 8v bikes you set the TPS to Zero Ohms (or as near as possible, the best I've got is .001) with the throttle closed, then open the throttle and the reading should go to infinity and then drop back when it's closed again.

BMW%20K75S%20%28403%29-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom