GS trophy mud fest;anyone have pix.

alphadog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi guys, after the weekend mud fest did anyone manage to get any pix of the "tracks". I am looking to send a few over to south Africa,so I have an excuse for my shoddy performance.:D:eek:
I managed 12th place , well done the winners, they certainly deserve there place.

12th is an outstanding result. I have to say that the event was a lot harder than I was expecting - lashing rain, deep mud and very heavy bikes didn't make for ideal conditions but what a cracking weekend. I'll be back for the next one without a doubt.

No photos from me either - I was too busy laughing or falling off. A friend took some pix though and they should be with me ASAP. I'll share the carnage:D

12th is really good I was happy with 34th lol, but alas sorry no pics I am trying to fined some to as was a really good weekend made all the better by the welsh weather :)

Well done for 12th,
I was 35 or 36 and well pleased. I cleaned the 800 section once, really enjoyed the 1200 rocky climb section, hated the 650 little poxy bike section, only cleaned one of the pick up the oil bottle sections and nearly enjoyed the enduro course. We camped out on the Friday night at Acient Briton and were the only three tents there on Friday night in the pissing rain, we were soaked for the whole weekend.

Had one of the best weekends ever, met some great people and got totally rat arsed on Sunday night singing along with the Welsh Karaoke singer in the Acient Britan and my new best friend Pete and John.

Anyway some quick photos, I think like everyone else I just ran about between the sections and took some just for the memories. All looks a bit flat and nothingy in the pictures, sorry.

Attachments

• enduro-course.jpg
    enduro-course.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 565
  • 800gs.jpg
    800gs.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 564
  • 1200-gs-2.jpg
    1200-gs-2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 562
  • 1200 gs.jpg
    1200 gs.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 8002.jpg
    8002.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 570
I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures.:beerjug: Did you use your own bikes for the weekend, or did BMW provide some?

I'm looking forward to seeing some more pictures.:beerjug: Did you use your own bikes for the weekend, or did BMW provide some?

We used our own bikes for the road sections and theirs for the off road stuff. I'm sure it would have been cheaper for BMW to have simply sent us all to Canada on holiday rather than pay for the accumulated damage inflicted on their off road fleet.

hi guys, after the weekend mud fest did anyone manage to get any pix of the "tracks". I am looking to send a few over to south Africa,so I have an excuse for my shoddy performance.:D:eek:
I managed 12th place , well done the winners, they certainly deserve there place.

Hey is that Steve Green the South African photojournalist who's asking for photo's?

Hey is that Steve Green the South African photojournalist who's asking for photo's?

yep, that's very funny :blast
well done to you getting in the top 8 !! I have a few pix of you that I will post now that you reared your head.
first time ever that I didn't take my camera out the bag during a gs challenge, that rain really got to me, along with the bicycle challenge and the scary caving stuff.
I was really impressed with the way that the british riders rode their bikes on those mountain passes , almost like it was dry !! this rain and mud lark takes a bit of getting used too.
nice to have met you steveM,ride safe.

stevem one of the 8 finalists in action.

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 524
stevem again.:D not much to see as I was miles away, but its the thought that counts.

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 523

Back
Top Bottom